Skip to content

No Selection Box or Target Icons

grahamersgrahamers Member Posts: 30
edited April 2013 in Windows PC (Archive)
Game works fine on my PC, but on my laptop I have experienced the following issues:

1) When I select any characters (one or more) via keyboard, or via clicking on their portrait, or via clicking them in the game screen, or via clicking and dragging around them in the game screen, their portrait(s) are not highlighted so I can't tell who is selected and who is not.

2) When a group of characters is selected and I click and hold on the ground elsewhere, the little target symbols that show where each character will end up do not appear, even when I move the mouse (which would normally rotate the orientation of the target icons).

3) When I try to draw a selection box on the ground to select certain characters, no green box appears on the screen, but the selection appears to be successful.

I see a bunch of stuff on the boards about Intel graphics chip set drivers having issue and my laptop does, indeed, have Intel 3000 series drivers. However, I don't see reports of these issues, only reports of slowness, which I am not experiencing.

Any thought s on how to fix these issues? The worst one is the first one, but theya re all very annoying and make playing much harder.

Thanks!

Edited "#1" to read "the first one" since "#1" appears to trigger some linking code.

Comments

• grahamersgrahamers Member Posts: 30
    Bump
  • grahamersgrahamers Member Posts: 30
    I also found that fog of way is not rendered. I can see the whole board, even areas I have not explored.

It seems like certain things are not rendered...as if there is a layer on top of the map that isn't being drawn. That layer would congtains the green selection rectangle you draw with the mouse, the green outline around the selected character portraits, the locaiton target icons for when you are moving a group of players in formations all at once, and the fog of war.

Any idea? Posted almost a month ago and no replies.

I am at a loss.

Playing on Win 7 with Intel chip set (but as I said...no slowness, just the lack of rendering the thinsg I listed.)