Skip to content

How many "Paws of the Cheetah" are there in BG EE?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
edited April 2013 in New Players (NO SPOILERS!)
The user and all related content has been deleted.
Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Comments

• smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    Are they faster Chitika Fastpaws?
    lethaltoconcrete
  • BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    Lothander.

I think that is it. Could be wrong though.
    [Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
  • CaptRoryCaptRory Member Posts: 1,660
    I can't recall. Do they stack with a monk's lickety speed?
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Now they do. (Because they are implemented as a movement bonus and not the standard haste.)
    CaptRory[Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    Anyone else max out Tali's drone just to hear her make BG references? hehehe
    ChildofBhaal599
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    Without console, there are 2. Not 100 % sure about Black Pits, but I believe you can get 3 there, some items get restocked every tier (Gift of Peace helm, some of the belts).
  • OzzyBotkinsOzzyBotkins Member Posts: 396
    I put them on my front line fighters so they can get in and out of melee as fast as possible
  • zur312zur312 Member Posts: 1,366
    put them on thief so you can run hide stab run hide stab
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    CaptRory said:

Anyone else max out Tali's drone just to hear her make BG references? hehehe

all the time. nice to see those BG references in the newer games. It is too bad the new games are starting to suck after dragon age 2, but that is just my opinion don't mind me :)
    @ChildofBhaal599

I think you'll find that more smaller independent games hearken back to the games we played growing up. We've hit the point where you can have decent graphics in the hands of small time independent developers, and they can still devote tons of resources to actually making a really good game.

If you look back at all the games that became classics, they all have excellant gameplay. The graphics are all over the board because they're stretched out over a couple decades now. But all of them are actually fun to play while games that were only vehicles for good graphics have by and large fallen by the wayside.

Its the same sort of thing comparing an old time movie, even a black and white movie like The Adventures of Captain Blood starring Errol Flynn, with any random modern popcorn flick with lots of action and explosions.

The primary caveat here is that, classic games, movies, books, etc. are created all the time. It is only looking backwards where we see the chaff fall away and are left with the golden kernals of excellance leaving a trail through the ages.
    exactly. it is unfortunate i have missed much of this golden age due to being too young, not born yet, or not playing pc yet, but i got around to it and can witness the beauty of the classics. the indie developers truly are amazing as well. amnesia brought back horror to horror games, while triple a developers keep adding more action and taking away horror. minecraft also showed that graphics don't matter quite as much as gameplay. now we have baldurs gate back in the spotlight and people can witness this. i've enjoyed my time playing these games i missed. i even made it through the first two elder scrolls using dosbox, which i had to teach myself how to use because i've never touched a dos! i hope the companies like beamdog and frictional continue to succeed in bringing us good games, because i can't quite trust as many triple a titles anymore. pretty graphics just can't make a game.
    Exactly~

I don't know what genres you like besides stuff like BG, but I'd sorely recommend Betrayal at Krondor+Betrayal at Antara and Lord of the Realms Siege Pack off of www.gog.com . Awesome games~

We don't talk about Lord of the Realm 3. But one, two, and the siege pack are great. ^_^
    CaptRory said:

Exactly~

I don't know what genres you like besides stuff like BG, but I'd sorely recommend Betrayal at Krondor+Betrayal at Antara and Lord of the Realms Siege Pack off of www.gog.com . Awesome games~

We don't talk about Lord of the Realm 3. But one, two, and the siege pack are great. ^_^

I like almost any genre. I played a lot of racing when I was young, but I miss the old games giving me customization. Need for speed underground 2 was the best! When I got older I played more shooters, now that we had some good ones. Only played cod for 2 games though before quitting that, but I still like some innovative shooters. Then I got into rpg with oblivion, and it became my favorite with all the freedom. Was introduced to bioware through mass effect, and my love for mass effect brought me to a decision to try baldurs gate. I can thank them for that even if I am dissapointed in the me3 ending for bringing me here :)
    Don't get me started on the ME3 Ending. >.<
    http://www.nerfnow.com/comic/727