Skip to content

Cannot get character's to do anything but walk around and other issues

HorcsrockHorcsrock Member Posts: 1
edited April 2013 in Windows PC (Archive)
First appologies if this has been covered in a previous post, but i simply do not have a spare 5 hours to analyse 17 pages of windows PC bug reports.

Ok so i bought this game via Steam 2 days ago and it is still unplayable. In theory it should be already patched so i have discounted that (seems I have all the monks availiable in char gen section).

My system is an tower case AMD FX4100 quad core 3.6ghz, Radeon 6570 on an Asus M5a97pro MB. Running latest drivers, Win 7 Home Premium.

Here is the problem:

Load up is fine, music intro all good, char gen fine, start game fine.

Select character/s fine, select items in invent fine, move them is ok.

But i cannot get the to do anything other than walk around. If I try selecting a door to open or talking to npc or barrel to open, all that happens is the char walks over and stands infront of object instead of activating the interactive object. In the case of an npc I get the audio/feedback text of npc selection, but no dialogue box or anything else. this problem persists in both single and multi player.

Also I cannot seem to toggle off the character selection messages from the feedback text field (a minor point not fussed on this last one).

I have tried running as admin, running in compatability mode, updating drivers. nothing has worked so far.

Has anyone else had the same issue, and if so what can i do to remedy these issues.

Thank you for your time,

Horc.

Comments

• JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    There was a hotfix released for precisely this issue, but apparently it hasn't made it onto Steam yet. (The Steam release is not under Beamdog's control.)

For now, you can alleviate the symptoms by clicking quickly.
  • HorcsrockHorcsrock Member Posts: 1
    Thanks for your prompt reply Jalily,

I did some digging and found a post re-the issue form way back in december. The only work around that works for me is If i select chars with 1-6 keys then give the action coomand; they will do what i ask them to do. Very irritating, but ill get used to it.

I could not find the hotfix though, any chance you remember its date/serial number so I can apply it manually?
  • LuigirulesLuigirules Member Posts: 419
    You can't find it because it hasn't been released on Steam yet, since the Steam version of the game is controlled by Atari, not Beamdog.