Skip to content

Random suggestions for some fun items...

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
The user and all related content has been deleted.
Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
  • EntropyXIIEntropyXII Member Posts: 656
    edited May 2013
    Counterfeit Melf's Acid Arrows - 1d6 dmg, +1d12 adic dmg. Can use without ranged weapon equipped. 5% chance of summoning Flaming Fist Squad who attack the player. 1% chance of summoning a very angry Melf.
    Elixer of Infernal Fire - Allows the consumer to be possessed by a Tanar'ri for 1d4 rounds. Player goes berserk and attacks anything in sight. The effect lasts longer if the player fails saves vs will. 10% chance the player will permanently become 'chaotic evil'.
    Ilmater's Love - +1. +3 vs evil +1d8 damage vs Evil. User must be under the effect of fatigue to wield. Only usable by Paladins.
    edited May 2013
    'Bone Dagger of Bhaal' (ToB item request) - +5 Throwing Dagger (returns to wielder), has the option of being used as a melee weapon, applies poison upon hit. Only usable by a Bhaalspawn.

...... Overpowered I know, but it seems to fit in with ToB nicely ;)
    -sulks-
  • Draith012Draith012 Member Posts: 174
    Well, I thought about the Bone Dagger of Bhaal would have been nicely introduced during the ending of BG2 when the demon demands you to slay some powerful being. You get that nice longsword instead, which I like for rp reasons, but I think the dagger would have been a nicer touch.
    edited May 2013
    @Samus - You have a point, and actually a very good idea. I only personally included it here, because ultimately I was a little shocked it wasn't included in the original!

Very good idea though about the Bhaal blood!
  • francofranco Member Posts: 507
    Samus said:

Staff of Curing +1 One charge per day of one of the following: Cure Light Wounds, Remove Disease, Neutralize Poison

Very nice. Fits well into the atmosphere of the game.
    Samus said:

Staff of Foolish Wizardry +2 (Mage Only) 15% chance on a successful hit that it will cast either Web, Fireball or Stinking Cloud with the holder at the centre of the spell.

Nobody would ever use this item. Much too dangerous. 15% will show up quite often (about 1 in 6 hits).
    I wouldn't attempt to wield it (except under great necessity) if the rate was 5%.

Similar problem with the Sword of Mischief +3 Longsword. On a successful hit 30% chance of casting Monster Summoning III. These summoned Monsters will attack the user and other party members until killed or spell duration expires.

The campaign would be remembered for how many times the party got swamped by summoned Monsters, in the middle of battle no less.

Your ideas are fascinating , though, and I've been enjoying this thread.

edited May 2013
    edited May 2013
    edited May 2013
    Samus said:

@franco I also had the idea that there could be a 10% chance that the sword summons (Calls) a Wyvern that would attack the party. Perhaps that would be more palatable :)

I always like anything that increases the sense of danger in the game. At 10% chance of summoning a hostile Wyvern, I'd still be worried about using the item if it might suddenly tip an important battle against the party. But I would use it if the battle might be lost without it.

I just thought. On the other hand, some power gamer might get the idea to use the sword in battles with minor creatures like kobolds, hobgoblins etc. in order to summon the Wyvern to get extra experience. In fact, he might do it repeatedly. It is fascinating how carefully the balance of an item needs to be considered before we turn it loose.

Post edited by franco on
    A couple of fun items @Samus suggested that I also like. They coincide very well with the fantasy atmosphere of BG.

Flesh Grinder +2 Club 15% chance will cause bleeding effect on opponent or wielder
    (Do you think the bleeding would be like a 1D8 hit or larger? Would it accumulate?)

Whistling Songbow +1 (Bard only) Short bow +1 charisma
    (Absolutely love the name. Maybe a 1 or 2% chance that the whistling would summon or
    attract a magical creature, who will cast some minor helpful spells for the party during the
    encounter for a few rounds. The low level chance for this to occur would add to the wonder of it.)