Skip to content

Number figures on keyboard don't work anymore

pemapema Member Posts: 12
Hey there,

I've played BG:EE today and suddenly my number figures didn't work anymore for selecting my characters. For example: click 1 to select your party leader (or main character), 2 for second in row and so on... usually I use this "feature" very often. Without it, the game is almost unplayable, 'cause I need to click on each character so select him/her.

Does anyone know how I can fix this "bug"? Yesterday it still worked? Did I somehow switch off the feature?

Just to make that clear. My keyboard isn't broken... 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 still work fine besides BG:EE character selection.

Thanks for help.

Comments

• Aasimar069Aasimar069 Member Posts: 803
    I concur,

I have also the exact same problem.

This is also annoying when you try to enter CLUA commands.

So, like I said in another thread, a new patch, a new bug it seems ;-)
    I'm quite sure this bug is linked to the last update that adds italian language support.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Just to be clear--are we talking about the number pad, or the numbers at the top of the keyboard?
    The numbers at the top of the keyboard.

I have also tried to use them when speaking with characters to selec my answers : it doesn't work either.

This might be a problem that only appears for people who don't have a native QWERTY keyboard (but alt+shift for toggling QWERTY mode in windows doesn't fix the problem).
  • pemapema Member Posts: 12
    Hey,

yes it's possibly because of the Italian patch. At least, I think the problem occured after installing the patch. I just wonder what my keybord has to do with the Italian language. ;)

But I just have this problem when I want to select my characters. When I select my answers, they still work.

Also I can't sometimes use my mouse to move the UI to the right or bottom of the map. Usually loading or going into another area handles this problem.

That's really annoying. But I'm glad, I'm not the only one having this problem.
  • AbelAbel Member Posts: 785
    I've never been able to use them with French keyboard, nor the "M" shortcut for the map. Only when I switch to English keyboard does it work.
  • pemapema Member Posts: 12
    I switched to English "US" keyboard settings now, but nothing changed. I rather stay with German keyboard settings then.
  • SkiaSkia Member Posts: 25
    I have a QWERTY keyboard with English-US keyboard settings and I have not applied the latest patch since I don't really need the Italian translation. I have everything up to that, but not that one and I also have this problem.