Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Axis & Allies 1942 Online is now available in Early Access! Buy it on Steam. The FAQ is available.
New Premium Module: Tyrants of the Moonsea! Read More
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Mods

PetreclesPetrecles Member Posts: 21
edited May 2013 in Mac OS X (Archive)
Is there a list of mods that work with Mac OS and have native installers?

I really want auto roller, some portraits and some room to stash items…

I've tried the mac installer I found here but had no luck (and I googled Mac Mods for a while and found nothing)

Comments

• EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Check the modding forum. :) The majority of mods there also work for OS X. Some require a little fiddling, like SCS, but most will just install.

[Deleted User]
  • subtledoctorsubtledoctor Member Posts: 11,224
    Auto-roller won't work, it is not so much a mod as a Windows-based utility program.

Portraits are easy enough, but that one portrait pack .exe program is Windows-only. For portraits, you'll have to do it the hard way, i.e. find portraits you like on one of the archives on the web, and drop them into your portraits folder manually.

The best mods (IMHO) use a program called WeiDU for installation. It's designed to mod BG games in ways that are reversible, and maximize compatibility. WeiDU mods generally work on both Windows and OS X.

Those .exe installers, and the .zip folders that tell you to just dump everything in the Override folder, are poor ways to distribute mods. Hopefully as the new generation of EE-based modders get better, they will migrate to WeiDU.

ErgEudaemonium