Skip to content

Party Members stand around without defending themselves. Imoen shoots arrow, then runs at attacker

GandalfPortraitGuyGandalfPortraitGuy Member Posts: 206
edited May 2013 in BG:EE Bugs (v1.2)
Expected Behavior: Party members defend themselves when attacked, and fight when an enemy falls.
Current Behavior: Party members stand doing nothing after defeating an enemy in melee, during a fight. Archers move in for melee after killing a target during a fight.
Post edited by GandalfPortraitGuy on

Comments

• francofranco Member Posts: 507
    @GandalfPortraitGuy. I think you may have the NPC's on Custom or Custom (default) instead of choosing one of the AI's that you might prefer (See the Customize button in the R: Record for each NPC). In that case, they will just stand around after just killing the enemy they had been directed to.

In my case, I prefer using the Custom(default) because I want to control what each PC is doing. I put the Auto-Pause on especially for enemy sighted, and I check out each character's weapons and direct them to which enemy to attack or where to move. When I see an opponent go down I pause the game with the space bar and redirect the NPC's to other opponents or action.
  • GandalfPortraitGuyGandalfPortraitGuy Member Posts: 206
    Ah, thank you, I shall check this out then. :)
  • Aasimar069Aasimar069 Member Posts: 803
    Yes it's the return of the bug. It was supposed to be fixed.

If that can help the devs, I confirm the fact this bug (and the problem with keyboard arrows and numbers above they keyboard) have appeared in patch 8.

I have another PC with BG:EE on it.

I did not apply the patch and... everything works fine ;-)