Skip to content

Batman In Forgotten Realm-esque Setting

GandalfPortraitGuyGandalfPortraitGuy Member Posts: 206
Batman is irrevocably sent to a Dungeons and Dragons version of Gotham City. All the events of his life has transpired as it did in DC, but it has been moved to a D&D version of the world. He has his old gadgets and knows how to work science, his martial arts, detective skills, etcetera, however. A Spawn of Bhaal (This isn't Faerun, but Bhaal still died here, still had a lot of Bhaalspawn), equal in power to the BhaalSpawn at the end of Baldur's Gate II, Shadows Of Amn, but with Neutral Evil alignment, has committed a string of heinous deeds across the world, and is now moving towards Gotham.

Can Batman stop him, and how?

Comments

• Magnus_GrelichMagnus_Grelich Member Posts: 361
    So, would Batman be a neutral good ranger?
  • TeflonTeflon Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 515

So, would Batman be a neutral good ranger?

Now, that is an interesting question.

More accurately, a ranger/rogue.
    There are some monk feats in his skillset as well.
  • IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
    Batman would have to have a class of his own. Crime-fighting-badass-billionaire-genius-and-whatever-else-you-can-think-of class. Dark Knight would be fine too though.;p
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    Illustair said:

Batman would have to have a class of his own. Crime-fighting-badass-billionaire-genius-and-whatever-else-you-can-think-of class. Dark Knight would be fine too though.;p

DM: Alright you've earned enough experience to reach level 5.
    Player: I'll take a level in Batman to round out my Bard.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    edited May 2013
    Let's trace his progress:

He was trained in martial arts , like a monk.
    He disables devices and opens locks, like a thief
    he's got several feats , like a fighter

So if he were a 15th level character (super hero level) , he'd be a lawful good monk 5/rogue 5/fighter 5 .
    I would've said fighter, too, but since he's a great tracker, I decided he's be more accurately considered a ranger, since they are also good fighters.
    Also, Monks are Lawful, but Batman himself seems more neutral-good, as he's prone to going where the police cannot.
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566

Illustair said:

DM: Alright you've earned enough experience to reach level 5.
    Player: I'll take a level in Batman to round out my Bard.
    http://www.cad-comic.com/cad/20121231
    Or just like this?
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963

Can Batman stop him: Yes
    How: BECAUSE HE'S BATMAN.

Who would win a fight Batman or Chuck Norris?
  • IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
    @smeagolheart that's as puzzling as "which came first, the chicken or the egg?"
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    "Batman and Etrigan" is like a medieval version of Batman. Could be converted to D&D!

• LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    Hmm... I'd peg Batmas as an Urban Ranger (they do exist, at least in 3e/3.5e). Otherwise, as a ShadowThief BountyHunter. After all, he goes after the other thieves. But a Shadow Thief because he really does stick to the Shadows. But he doesn't backstab- he uses a sap (Non-lethal weapon that does stun damage- you get knocked out instead of die when your HP goes to 0). And he's got Jan Jansen as his weaponeer. :D
    In terms of skills, perhaps, but his alignment would be all wrong, wouldn't it?
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    He act like a Ranger, fight as a monk, behave like a swashbuckler (true class) and is skilled in blend in the dark and move silently as a thief.

Maybe that's a Batman class? After all existed more than one person with the title Batman :)!
  • EntropyXIIEntropyXII Member Posts: 656
    Am I the only one who looks at Batman as a Stalker?