Skip to content

Any Magic the Gathering Fans here?

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    I was never a fan, but I have played TCG against my brother in the past. It was fun, but I had never won even once.
  • ZeratulZeratul Member Posts: 575
    Mtg fan and Vintage Player here :D
  • TeflonTeflon Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 515
    Past however after tmepest I lost interest.
    But still prodigal sorceror is my favorite and I still got my set of blue black deck ;)
    What color was yours ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    I played for a while against my friend who had a blue deck.

I didn't enjoy it much.
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    I used to play back in the early 1990's. Joined shortly after Unlimited and ended up giving up after Alliances because it was getting far too costly. I remember my first black-bordered expansion was "The Dark", and the first rare I ever got out of an expansion was "Sisters of the Flame". I tended to play a Mono White Deck with cards like Veteran Bodyguard (I had 2), Serra Angels (I had 4) and Seraphs from Ice Age (Also 4). I had a side collection of Legends from Legend like Xira Arien (the insect lady), Gabriel Angelfire, and the Elder Dragon Legends Nicol Bolas, Arcades Sabboth, Chromium and Vaevictus Asmadi.
  • LordsDarkKnight185LordsDarkKnight185 Member Posts: 615
    Ooh yush. I don't play as heavily as I used to nowadays but I started playing heavily during Mirroden block. I still play online with my kamigawa ratnest now and then.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    I used to play quite competitively up until the rules change about 4 years back. At that point, I left university and pretty much lost interest/contact with lots of people to play with.
  • LordsDarkKnight185LordsDarkKnight185 Member Posts: 615
    ajwz said:

I used to play quite competitively up until the rules change about 4 years back. At that point, I left university and pretty much lost interest/contact with lots of people to play with.

The rules change! D<

R.I.P Mana Burn

It was getting rid of the stack and changes to combat damage assignment which was the main problem :p
  • OneAngryMushroomOneAngryMushroom Member Posts: 564
    OK I have an idea. We somehow combine table top D&D and Magic the Gathering. A glorious revolution in all of geekdom
  • SamuelVargSamuelVarg Member Posts: 598
    I have a full pack of Angel cards that I can sell for a good price + shipping.
    @OneAngryMushroom They had a card game based on the Planescape Franchise. I got to play it one year at I-Con on Long Island. It was called Blood Wars. They also had a Dice Game called "Dragon Dice" and Gary Gygax created a game called "Dragon Chess" that was something like the three-D chess from Star Trek, only using monsters from D&D as pieces.
  • EntropyXIIEntropyXII Member Posts: 656
    I never actually played MTG when I was younger. As sad as it sounds, I had nobody to play with ha! I did however collect the cards. I have a bad habit of becoming a compulsive collector once I start. I think I enjoyed the artwork more than anything else - just wish I knew how to play!

I still have thousands of them back at my parents place somewhere. Some very rare ones too.
  • DannyDanny Member Posts: 77
    Multicolored Highlander ^^
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    I used to play about a decade ago or more. The last packs I bought would have been Champions of Kamigawa packs (2004).
  • LindeblomLindeblom Member Posts: 257
    Just playing peasent (only commons) decks nowadays. The prices of "good" rare cards are rediculous =/.
    There is a Canadian Comedy Troupe called Loading Ready Run that does little sketches for Magic, as well as a "Tap Tap Concede" podcast, which I have donated many, many packs to... All for the Lulz, of course...

First video is at the bottom of this page: http://loadingreadyrun.com/videos/archive/MtG/date/desc/_/2

And Tap Tap Concede video podcasts are here: http://loadingreadyrun.com/lrrcasts/archive
  • SkiaSkia Member Posts: 25
    LadyRhian said:

I used to play back in the early 1990's. Joined shortly after Unlimited and ended up giving up after Alliances because it was getting far too costly. I remember my first black-bordered expansion was "The Dark", and the first rare I ever got out of an expansion was "Sisters of the Flame". I tended to play a Mono White Deck with cards like Veteran Bodyguard (I had 2), Serra Angels (I had 4) and Seraphs from Ice Age (Also 4). I had a side collection of Legends from Legend like Xira Arien (the insect lady), Gabriel Angelfire, and the Elder Dragon Legends Nicol Bolas, Arcades Sabboth, Chromium and Vaevictus Asmadi.

I think we played around the same time since I also have a couple Xira Arien, Gabriel Angelfire, and those Elder Dragon Legends aside from Chromium.
    I had a couple cousins that played and a couple friends, but didn't play for more than a couple of years. Was generally more interested in computer games at the time. Did pick up the Magic the Gathering computer game when it was free on Steam and enjoy it occasionally.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited July 2013
    I remembered this thread and figured I'd post this :) (Though technically its for the PC game and not the player cards)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YY6ZpvbZ1c
    I've started playing mtgo recently. Anyone here play?
  • MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    edited July 2013
    @ajwz Just started recently too. I Loved the pictures on the cards, when I was younger and was inspired by Day[9]'s recent videos.
  • CobbwebCobbweb Member Posts: 26
    I played a little when I was a teenager, but stopped playing and started collecting when I went to college. Now I have couple of binders with full/almost full sets and a large box with all of my extras and old decks. I was always a fan of mono black, but in the end blue/black was my deck of choice.
  • ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    edited July 2013
    I play sometimes.....but both my friends who play heavily are professionals...so you can imagine how THAT goes.

I haven't built my own deck since Darksteel first came out. Mostly just use their extra decks, even though I don't really know 100% how to work them most of the time.

@OneAngryMushroom

DnD Miniature Battle. Same basic premise.