Skip to content

Branwen spellcasting incessant nag bug in tutorial

ChrisisBChrisisB Member Posts: 5
Playing BG:EE for the first time on MacOS 10.6.
Playing the tutorial, here is what happened. Someone (Branwen?) asks me to cast a healing spell on Belt(?). As I select the healing spell, and is about to select Belt as target, Branwen start saying "You haven't cast a spell yet". She then starts doing spellcasting sounds. But the spell is lost, ie. no longer in Branwens list of spells and not cast. At least not cast according to Branwen since she start saying "you have not cast a spell yet" every 10 seconds or so.

I try to select another spell, but I do not know what the spells are, Branwens nagging is faster than the mouseover information (so first I thought the mouseover function was missing).

Branwens constant nagging becomes to much and I rest and the healing spell reappears in her list of spells. I manage to cast it on Belt. Having had enough of the game for now I save the game.

When I reload the game, Branwens healing spell is gone (as would be expected), but she immediately starts the 10 second nagging "You haven't cast a spell" yet. Resting and recasting the healing spell does not stop the nagging. And I cannot continue the tutorial.

Comments

• ChrisisBChrisisB Member Posts: 5
    Here is the save-file.
  • ChrisisBChrisisB Member Posts: 5
    After playing around with this for a while I managed to get past that stage after another rest. My conclusion is that the time before characters start nagging you is way too short. For instance, later Belt tells me to play around with the special abilities. Again after about 10 seconds he goes "why dont you try formations". And yet again after about 10 seconds he goes "done, now the final test". No time to play around in the tutorial before it goes into "nagging" mode.
  • francofranco Member Posts: 507
    edited May 2013
    I used to have to put up with that kind of thing in real life. Not too much fun until you find the delete button.
  • SethDavisSethDavis Member Posts: 1,812
    I'll bump the times up if they haven't already been

you can give commands to characters while paused as well, which should give you as much time as you want between nags/arrows to the face, just in case you didn't know.