Skip to content

enhanced spells

trinittrinit Member Posts: 705
does anyone know if there are plans to enhance spells graphically? new animations or improved ones, more spectacular light effects and stuff? i'm talking strictly about eye candy...

when they say the source assets are lost does that mean everything or? i really hope to see some graphical improvements beyond UI...

Comments

• lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    Think @TrentOster mentioned something ,once on his twitter about making lightnings.And how it were looking better,,,
  • MokonaMokona Member Posts: 89
    Would love some better spell effects! One of my favorite parties was playing BG1 through BG2 with 6 mages.
  • ZakerosZakeros Member Posts: 75
    Well, graphics are going to be improved right? Sooo, spell effects surely gonna be better too.

and off the topic @Mokona

You know you're probably first woman I see here. Welcome ^^ (well maybe the reason why is I'm here only since yesterday, but still... ;) )
  • FranticFeyFranticFey Member Posts: 31
    @Cadros

If we get to cast spells like Irenicus, I will be so excited. Despite mouthing the words to every cut scene in Chapter 2/3, I absolutely loved watching him use 10 or 15 spells in every encounter for like 2 people. Why just make someone explode if you can turn him to stone first and then make him explode?!
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,525
    One the one hand, I must agree with @FranticFey. Irenicus casting spells is a sight to behold and when I first saw it, I thought "I want to cast like that, too!". On the other, if I think about it more closely, I believe Irenicus being the villain he is must be somewhat special. He has to have some distinguishing features that set him apart from your regular mage. He's said to be exceptionally powerful and his casting proves it. If you could do the same, Irenicus would be less special and less fearsome.

However, if you solo SoA+ToB with a Wild Mage, you can get really close to Irenicus casting.... Just a heads up ;-)
  • FranticFeyFranticFey Member Posts: 31
    Alright, I have to agree with that @AndreaColombo.

In that case, I'll stick with being able to cast like some of the Cowled Wizards - they sure do fling some mean balls of light at Irenicus before their inevitable demise. :)
  • PhillipDaiglePhillipDaigle Member Posts: 654
    However, if you solo SoA+ToB with a Wild Mage, you can get really close to Irenicus casting.... Just a heads up ;-)
    If not better. Summon Solar. Wild Surge: Area of Effect.
  • AliteriAliteri Member Posts: 308
    If not better. Summon Solar. Wild Surge: Area of Effect.
    My friend once got that roll twice more surge, combining the summoning of a demon with the area of effect.
  • CadrosCadros Member Posts: 253
    @PhillipDaigle Much better if luck is with you, as reckless dweomer has no cast time or pause between when you can use it next, allowing you to unleash a vast volley of cool, and mostly useless effects all at once.
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,525
    You can shield yourself from the unwanted effects of the reckless dweomer :-)