Skip to content

Multiplayer Freeze when "New Game" clicked

Baq99Baq99 Member Posts: 1
Now I know this is a common fault but mine just won't go away. This is what happens/what I have done:

I have baldur's gate 1 (4 in 1 edition) with totsc installed full. Latest UK patch installed.
It is not in Program Files
I have moved the Movies and Data folders from (virtual) CD's 1 to 6 into the install directory
I have it running in compatibility mode (I have tried all the options checked and unchecked)
I am running it as an administrator
I have removed antivirus and firewall software and windows firewall is set to "off"
UAC is turned off
I am running it windowed
I have added the line:
[Multiplayer]
AsyncEnumeration=1
to the .ini config file
I have tried using gameranger
I have tried closing all non essential programs and tasks

When I click on the baldur's gate application it starts, runs splash screen. I click "play" then the intro vid and company logos run. I click "Multiplayer", then "Connect". With "TCP/IP" selected I click "Create Game". I then enter a session name and player name and click "New Game". At this point the music freezes as does the hand cursor. The mouse within windows still works fine though and if I start task manager the game shows as still running fine (no not responding messages). If I then close baldur's gate with alt F4 or by clicking close window I still receive the "bu will miss you" message.

One more piece of info that is puzzling to say the least is that I have the exact same issue on both of my machines. One is running windows 8 x64 and the other is windows 7 x32. Both machines managed to get past this screen on the first run but subsequently cannot and have the exact same freeze in the same place.

Also worth a note is that I have not forwarded ports as I am not trying to play outside of my own network.

Any information, help, advice or general kick in the right direction would be extremely appreciated. Many thanks to you all in advance.

Ben X

Comments

• tex2cooltex2cool Member Posts: 1
    I had this problem and the only way to play multi player is to play with it not full screen. Go into single play and go into options and click so it isnt full screen. This should fix it.