Skip to content

(BG1) Color Spray rework

BhryaenBhryaen Member Posts: 2,874
edited November 2012 in Fixed
This began as a text fix, but given that the spell was working improperly, the fix turned to one of addressing the spell itself.
Post edited by Tanthalas on
AndreaColombo

Comments

• IgneousIgneous Member Posts: 368
    Color Spray (SPWI105.SPL) contains an undocumented -3 save penalty. The spell description should be updated to reflect this.
    StringRef: DIALOG.TLK #25018 (Build 0709)

Corrections: "make a saving throw" -> "make a saving throw vs. spells (at a -3 penalty)"

Current: ~Color Spray (Alteration)
    Level: 1
    Range: 30 feet
    Duration: Special
    Casting Time: 1
    Area of Effect: 60 degree arc
    Saving Throw: Special

Upon casting this spell, the wizard causes a vivid, fan-shaped spray of clashing colors to spring forth from his hand. From one to six creatures (1d6) within the area are affected in order of increasing distance from the wizard. All creatures in the area of effect that are 4th or less must make a saving throw or be rendered unconscious for five rounds.
    ~

Expected: ~Color Spray (Alteration)
    Level: 1
    Range: 30 feet
    Duration: Special
    Casting Time: 1
    Area of Effect: 60 degree arc
    Saving Throw: Special

Upon casting this spell, the wizard causes a vivid, fan-shaped spray of clashing colors to spring forth from his hand. From one to six creatures (1d6) within the area are affected in order of increasing distance from the wizard. All creatures in the area of effect that are 4th or less must make a saving throw vs. spells (at a -3 penalty) or be rendered unconscious for five rounds.
    ~
  • WispWisp Member Posts: 1,102
    @Igneous
    Alternatively, the spell should be changed to remove the penalty (which is what the G3 Fixpack does, for example).
    AndreaColomboBhryaen
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    Not surprisingly, I vote for P&P behavior. I'll post it here tomorrow, as I currently don't have the Player's Handbook handy.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Wisp said:

@Igneous
    Alternatively, the spell should be changed to remove the penalty (which is what the G3 Fixpack does, for example).

Or just check the WOTC documentation. Afterall they pay for the DnD badge.
    AndreaColombo
  • WispWisp Member Posts: 1,102
    edited July 2012
    Color Spray does not have a save penalty in PnP. If you want to make the spell less useless, I would suggest PnP aspects that are currently missing from the spell (and there are several) be restored instead.
    AndreaColomboGalactygon
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    This is fixed already.
    Tanthalas