Skip to content

Knock Spell for Combat?

bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
When the knock is cast on a person/creature, it does 2 things. It does a minor damage of 1d6 on the creature and knocks out one random item in the inventory carried by the creature. The creature is allowed a save to negate the 2nd effect.

Comments

• francofranco Member Posts: 507
    How about when the victim misses his save badly it unscrews his armor? I can just see mages storing up knock spells going into a big encounter. There could even be knock wands. Having an option to include this for a particular run might add some fun.

• francofranco Member Posts: 507
    Seriously, though @bbear I think there is an interesting idea in your proposal. But I'm not sure it would be worthwhile for wizards to equip compared to other spells. If the opponent dies, you're going to get all his equipment anyway. The chance of knocking out something that the victim might have used in the encounter is interesting.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    This'd have to be a modding request; I don't think we're planning on changing too many spells at this point.

That said, you could give it a 1-round "Unconscious" effect, the idea being that the target gets "knocked" off their feet. Give it a save to negate with a bonus of some kind, and that should be enough.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
    That's a great idea. It would certainly help solo characters a lot. Even thieves can benefit since they can concentrate on other skills.