Skip to content

What are the best classes/Races to play solo?

They say that the class "assassin" is a good soler is true?
What are the other possibilities of soil?

And as if to play, if you want solar?

Comments

• zur312zur312 Member Posts: 1,366
    edited May 2013
    bg2
    f/m/t
    m/t or gnome m/i

bg1 f/m/t should be easy too

possibilities are every race and class could do a solo run but it not fun when traps are hurting you and you can't see them etc.

assassin is pretty good because of this 3 diggit backstab and such but f/m/t is easily the easiest for soloing you just hack your way to victory
  • ArcanjoArcanjo Member Posts: 155
    edited May 2013
    I am seriously thinking of going on Assassin soler because in BG1, the hero has no romance. But I do not know wha to do to get solar killer in BG: EE.

I do not know what the best race for an assassin.(?)

What a killer weapons should focus on BG: EE?
    Post edited by Arcanjo on
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    Assassin is not as easy to do in BG1 because of his lower skills/level. When you manage to hide in shadows to be able to stealth&backstab, you won't have enough skillpoints for locks and traps.

For pure soloing, try a Swashbuckler or (better) a Fighter/Thief or Fighter/Thief/Mage multiclasses.
    KidCarnivalQuartzStormvessel
  • Nitram_Vi_HermanniaNitram_Vi_Hermannia Member Posts: 64
    Blackguard is pretty easy to solo
    SouthpawKidCarnival

Blackguard is pretty easy to solo

Or Barbarian. With rage, you don't need healing (pop it before going to sleep. The 20+ constitution will heal you up.) Of course, with Barbarian rage, Sirines are an easy meat too.
    Also, 20+ strength will break almost any lock. Just the traps will be quite tricky - you'll have to just walk thru them and set them off and then heal.

I plan to try Barbarian + Blackguard(Dorn) two-man the BG game. But I am afraid it will get a bit boring.
    KidCarnival
  • KloroxKlorox Member Posts: 894
    I was going to suggest Barbarian as well.

Any classed Dwarf or Half Orc with a starting 19 CON can boost it to 20 with a shield available quite early. 20 CON is where Regeneration begins.
  • ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    edited May 2013
    Just focus on MS, OL, and DT and ignore hide entirely, between the Shadow armor and boots of stealth, which a solo can acquire immediately after starting BG, you shouldn't have any trouble hiding with just a few points invested in MS (I wouldn't put more then 30 or so total, since you really need OL and DT to 80 at minimum before the end), just make sure you're always shadowed (darkened by an object) when you attempt it, otherwise you take a large penalty.

Use darts early on (recommend Longsword and Darts at creation, Single Weapon style for your first point (use a buckler off-hand until you get it), pick up Scimitars for your final point in BG 1, and at 12 in BG2 a point in two weapon style...any points you get after that don't really matter). They give 1 more attack per round then a bow does and allows you to get a lot of mileage out of your poison weapon ability, 6 more attacks per poison use (If you find yourself in a bind vs a large group, use it and cycle targets, otherwise save it for really strong enemies).

You can solo the whole saga as any class, some are just easier then others (Shapeshifter is the hardest overall IMO, due to being horribly gimped in the late game unless you use mods), though some extreme side quests maybe difficult or even impossible, depending on your abilities....but the core story quests are very much do-able.

Bards or mages are probably the easiest classes to solo BG1 with....you can get a Wand of fire immediately out of Candlekeep that has enough charges to easily clear half the game or more, depending on what you deem worthy of your charges. And by the time it's starting to run out, you'll have money to burn and can buy another two + several other wands.

Anything with Arcane magic or part cleric is a joke to solo, even if you avoid rest abuse. Unless you deliberately try to mess it up somehow.
    Post edited by ZanathKariashi on
    [Deleted User]
  • ambrennanambrennan Member Posts: 173
    Assassin won't get the higher backstabbing multiplier until BG2, so I am not sure the trade off is worth it.
  • ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    edited May 2013
    the x7 BS is never worth it (their oft overlooked poison weapon ability on the other hand is brokenly overpowered)....the enemies it benefits most against are immune, and the enemies you're able to pull it off against can usually be instantly or almost killed by a x5 BS, making it a complete waste of time...

I actually prefer the Bounty Hunter myself, since they have basically no penalty, and those extra traps are a massive force multiplier over a vanilla thief. Their skill progression is only ever so slightly behind, but they get double the traps per day, and at the end of it all, it only takes 2 more levels then a plain thief to max everything important.

They should've went with the PnP version and just make all your BS's force the target to save at -1/4 levels or die, if you have more HD then they do (which for a single class, solo Rogue-type is VERY easy to do).
    [Deleted User]
    @ZanathKariashi - I agree. a 91dmg backstab (no crit) kills the 60HP mage as good as "only 5x" 65dmg backstab. To be honest, throughout BGEE, I used the Assassin's poison much more than any backstab. Especially with bows/crossbows (and poison arrows).