Skip to content

Any Shin Megami Tensei fans here?

OneAngryMushroomOneAngryMushroom Member Posts: 564
I watched the SMT IV teasers and now I'm psyched for it. So are there any other fans of SMT here? It doesn't matter if it's the Persona series, Soul Hackers, Devil Survivor. If it has the words Shin, Megami and Tensei in the title I want you to post.

Comments

• I loved Persona 3, but have yet to pick up any of the other games in the series.
  • AlexMAlexM Member Posts: 110
    I recently played through Persona 4 Golden and enjoyed it very much. I was a bit hesitant to play a game that was half RPG and half high school dating sim, but each portion balanced out well. Also, the story goes through some crazy arcs that I wasn't expecting.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    I sadly don't have a 3DS, so I'll be skipping on SMTIV. But I was such a fan of the PS2 era games, Persona 3 and 4, Digital Devil Saga, SMTIII: Nocturne/Lucifer's Call. I confess I never played the Raidou games, though.

Also Persona 4 is amazing. I have to confess I never suspected the murderer until close to the reveal, but maybe that was me being dumb. I also like how it tries to end about 3 times.
  • AlexM said:

I recently played through Persona 4 Golden and enjoyed it very much. I was a bit hesitant to play a game that was half RPG and half high school dating sim, but each portion balanced out well. Also, the story goes through some crazy arcs that I wasn't expecting.

To be honest, the half RPG/half visual novel aspect of Persona 3 was a major selling point for me. So few cRPGs give you any sense of who your protagonist is when he's at home, so to speak. It was refreshing to play an RPG where the main character had a normal life to maintain (and you actually get to see it and interact with it) in addition to saving the world.
  • DjimmyDjimmy Member Posts: 749
    Narutooo! :D
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    edited May 2013
    What has Naruto got to do with SMT? As far as I am aware, there aren't any Nyx vs Uchiha Madara crossover games XP
    Post edited by Eudaemonium on
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    They really need to start releasing their games on the PC
  • OneAngryMushroomOneAngryMushroom Member Posts: 564
    @Samus
    There are ideas that should never be thought of...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.