Skip to content

Kivan and Viconia's conflict dialogue?

Does anyone know what these two say to each other?

Comments

• DaelricDaelric Member Posts: 266
    When they start to fight, is there any way to stop them?
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Sadly, I don't think so. You just have to wait for one of them to kill the other (or join in). That or just hope they don't try and do it in the first place.
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    Jalily said:

There are several variations.

Viconia: Greetings, darthiir. I know that you look upon me as an enemy, but perhaps we could ignore our differences.
    Kivan: Stay away from me, dark elf.
    Viconia: Iblith! If that is how you want things, then so be it.

Viconia: Greetings, darthiir. I know that you look upon me as an enemy, but perhaps we could ignore our differences.
    Kivan: How are we to trust one who venerates the Spider Queen?
    Viconia: I worship Lolth no longer.

Kivan: Your evil ways will bring your ruin, dark elf.
    Viconia: Don't threaten me, Kivan. It shall only lead to your death.
    (It could end here or continue...)
    Kivan: Don't make me warn you again, drow. Your next slip will be your last.
    Viconia: If you wish to die, I am pleased to assist.
    Kivan: You dark-hearted bitch, you'll die for that.
    (They fight.)
    Notice that Viconia is supposed to be the "evil" char & Kivan the "good" one, yet in their dialogues, Viconia actually tries to offer Kivan an olive branch while Kivan tries to incite anger and violence.

Even when one of them dies, Viconia laments "Kivan and I never understood each other," while Kivan yells "May Viconia rot in hell!"

When they fight, I usually feel compelled to kill Kivan and save Viconia - even though I typically play as a good-aligned char, & Kivan is a much more useful char IMO.
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    Viconia was quite well-written in BG2 (and it seems also in BG1). Kivan, on the other hand is a hell-bent-on-vengeance Ranger. I believe that his thirst for revenge might get him to fall one day. If, his personal story was continued, which was not (regretfully).
  • KaltzorKaltzor Member Posts: 1,050
    Well, Kivan seems to be thinking the same way as the Flaming Fist Mercenary that was chasing Viconia... Going all "You are a drow, you are completely evil and need to be killed." ...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Well, they do rule supreme.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Kaltzor said:

Well, Kivan seems to be thinking the same way as the Flaming Fist Mercenary that was chasing Viconia... Going all "You are a drow, you are completely evil and need to be killed." ...

Well, 90% of them are evil and need to be killed =D