Skip to content

Is there anything immune to +5 weapons that can be hit by a +6?

Like a combat protection spell or something?

Comments

• JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    edited May 2013
    Absolute Immunity.
  • PugPugPugPug Member Posts: 560
    Thanks. I knew I'd read it somewhere. I don't remember how often it comes up in BG2/TOB, however. I seem to remember a lot of PFMW.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    edited May 2013
    Someone should make a mod that gives Nexlit the Xvart permanent Absolute Immunity. Or Noober.
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    What are the enemies that are absolutely immune though?
  • GishGish Member Posts: 74
    Isn't it a higher level spell? I'd imagine the über Mages all do it
    It's spell level 9. While few players ever waste a spell slot on it, there's no reason the AI wouldn't. It can even cheat.

There are three +6 weapons in BG2, both of them two-handers, but we get some +6 1-handers in TOB. Maybe they figure they're better off with PFMW. I don't think they can have both at the same time.
  • GishGish Member Posts: 74
    I assume its a very low duration. So a real player who made it that far is never going to use the spell because time spent is better sending the bad guy to hell or bringing something from there to do the work for you. Those NPCs do cheat real bad too. They'll self buff instantly with like three spells or something insane like that.
  • CTKnightOwlCTKnightOwl Member Posts: 88
    I agree for the casting cost and duration it is an absolute waste of a level 9 spell slot. As for NPCs, they are likely using spell triggers and chain contingency.
  • EntropyXIIEntropyXII Member Posts: 656
    Interesting.. so absolute immunity doesn't actually grant absolute immunity...

False advertising.
    Yes, the three-defensive-spells-at-once thing is because they all have spell triggers and contingencies memorized, and they have the benefit of having all of the contingencies prepared for something common like "enemy sighted" because all they do is stand around all day, waiting for you.
  • atcDaveatcDave Member Posts: 2,150
    PugPug said:

Yes, the three-defensive-spells-at-once thing is because they all have spell triggers and contingencies memorized, and they have the benefit of having all of the contingencies prepared for something common like "enemy sighted" because all they do is stand around all day, waiting for you.

Well sometimes, like when you're blasting your way through their base, killing minions left and right, and kicking down doors; it's completely reasonable they would prepared their defensive routines.

But it is funny how every Mage in the game is always completely buffed and ready.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    PugPug said:

It's spell level 9. While few players ever waste a spell slot on it, there's no reason the AI wouldn't. It can even cheat.

There are three +6 weapons in BG2, both of them two-handers, but we get some +6 1-handers in TOB. Maybe they figure they're better off with PFMW. I don't think they can have both at the same time.

Ixil's Spike+6
    Carsomyr +6
    Staff of the Ram+6
    Ravager +6

All of them only upgradable by Cespenar, in fact we don't have access to +6 weapons in SoA.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    warning, incoming spoilers, warning, incoming spoilers:

the only enemy i have ever seen use absolute immunity is mr irenicus in SoA, and back then +5 was the best you could get ( only 3 weapons striked as +5 in SoA if i recall correctly) i think one of the enemies in watchers keep used it as well, that one wacky mage dude for one of the seals, but i find that spell to be very usefull when battling against melissan in ToB just cast absolute immunity and throw my mage up front to soak up some hits while my fight-tors pount her into pudding, and i apologize for spoilers but i have no idea how to hide that
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    @sarevok57 Use these tags without the spaces: [ spoiler ] [ / spoiler ]
    bananas
    edited June 2013
    ah perfect, now as long as I can remember that :)
  • KaltzorKaltzor Member Posts: 1,050

What are the enemies that are absolutely immune though?

The only one I can think off from the top of my head that uses Absolute Immunity is Irenicus... Most mages use Protection from Magical Weapons.