Skip to content

Melf's minute meteors

I've noticed that once the spell user of melf's minute meteors throws his/her last meteor he/she switches to a melee weapon and goes straight into the fray which we all know can be a problem for spell casters if the right spell protections have not been cast. Can this be changed so that a switch to ranged weaponry is prefered? Bearing in mind I have been using a standard fighting script, it may be different with say a ranged or caster script.

Comments

• MordeusMordeus Member Posts: 460
    It certainly can be. What has to be done is to make Melf's Minute Meteors be considered both a ranged weapon and a melee weapon. So it would work just like some of those Throwing Axes that have both melee and ranged functions.
  • francofranco Member Posts: 507
    What may also work, would be to set the Auto-Pause on Spell Casting. This way, I think the moment a spell is cast, the encounter pauses. You can then check the caster's ranged weapon. I have no problem with it.
  • NeonfiskNeonfisk Member Posts: 75
    A workaround solution is to use Auto-Pause: Weapon Ineffective.
    It will pause after the last meteor is thrown so you can switch back to ranged.
    I believe this is what @franco ment.

Btw it's kinda silly that the game automatically switches to melee - it would have been so much better if it just switched to the first quickslot instead.
    @Neonfisk. You're right in that using Auto-Pause: Weapon Ineffective works well. But I've often used Auto-Pause on Spell Casting to prepare for the next move. It pauses when the spell has already been cast, but just before it goes off. I believe the spell caster can switch at that point also.
  • brynbryn Member Posts: 36
    Thanks I'll try that
  • NeonfiskNeonfisk Member Posts: 75
    @franco that's interesting, I have always used Auto-Pause: Spell Cast but I have never been able to do that.
    Is there some sort of trick to it, or is it as easy as you descripe it?
    @Neonfisk. As I indicated I don't know whether it is 100% sure, and haven't got time to test it this morning, but I feel like I've always been playing it that way. When the Auto-Pause: Spell Cast occurs, try switching your mage to range weapons. If the spell still takes effect and the mage starts to use his sling, darts, etc then it works.