Skip to content

Paladin of Mystra

So.. I thought about making a new character. And I wanted to ask if its possible to dual a paladin to mage through Shadowkeeper or some other method?

Comments

• MordeusMordeus Member Posts: 460
    You can't have any dual or multi class combination of a Paladin (Only Clerics, Druids, Mages, Fighters & Rangers are possible).

But what you could do is create a Cleric kit that has all the attributes of a Paladin (adjusting the THAC0, spell restrictions, etc...), then call the kit "Paladin". Then simply dual that cleric kit to a mage. It'll be a pretty convincing work around.

As for a Paladin/Mage multi-class, that is impossible atm since multi's draw from the core classes.
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    Yeah I'd make it a Cleric/Mage.
  • CaptRoryCaptRory Member Posts: 1,660
    If you're going to do that, why not make a Paladin Kit with mage spellcasting? Replace their abilities and magic with a new list of spells and a better spell progression table.
  • NecroblivionNecroblivion Member Posts: 210
    CaptRory said:

If you're going to do that, why not make a Paladin Kit with mage spellcasting? Replace their abilities and magic with a new list of spells and a better spell progression table.

Yeah that could be really cool.

• Nic_MercyNic_Mercy Member Posts: 418
    I'd be happy with a simple cleric kit for Mystra, Selune, Shar and various other dieties from FR. But as I understand it, there is a limit to the number of kits the game is capable of showing. I am unsure if an enhanced edition can break that limit but it would be wonderful if they could. More kits for all classes means more variety and opportunity for replay and roleplay.
    They have been adding kits. Maybe all that code they've been removing and/or optimizing is fixing some of this stuff.

Alternately maybe it could be worked with sub menus or even additional copies of current classes. Choose Cleric 1 for kits 1-5. Choose Cleric 2 for kits 6-10.
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    There's already about 10 kits under Mage so shouldn't be a problem.
  • NecroblivionNecroblivion Member Posts: 210
    The idea was to create a different combo of fighter dualed to mage. Kensai and Zerker are cool and all, but I thought that maybe paladin could be more fun..
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    CaptRory said:

They have been adding kits. Maybe all that code they've been removing and/or optimizing is fixing some of this stuff.

Yes, from what I've heard, they have fixed quite a lot of them. (One milion, bilion, bajilion bugs)

As of new kits ... I am torn.
    On one hand, I would love even more kits to provide flavor for the gamers.
    On the other hand, 2 out of 3 new kits the devs have added recently are riddled with bugs.
    Eh~ Bugs get squashed and a paladin of Mystra sounds like a LOT of fun.
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    CaptRory said:

Eh~ Bugs get squashed and a paladin of Mystra sounds like a LOT of fun.

True.