Skip to content

New NPC questions

How do you recruit Dorn?

Will Neela romance my Gnome?

Is there a time limit on any of these side quests?

I have a four person party I really like, and I want to rotate the two empty slots with the new NPCs so I can try out their side quests.

Comments

• SylphSylph Member Posts: 210
    1. Talk to him in the Friendly Arm Inn, and he'll show up later in an encounter on the way to the Naskell Mines.
    2. As far as I know, Neera will romance any male character.
    3. I think there might be a bug with Neera's quest if you wait to long between receiving it and completing it, but I'm not completely certain. I haven't found any time issues on the Dorn or Rasaad quests.
  • KloroxKlorox Member Posts: 894
    What order should I do them in? Are some really hard? I don't want to miss anything.
  • WolkWolk Member Posts: 279
    You can't start Rasaad's before entering Baldur's Gate, neither can you finish Dorn's. So if you had fun and adventured a bit in the wilderness before going there, you won't have a problem.
    Neera's quest is not so hard, but the last battle can be a little hard at low levels if you are not prepared, I either do it quite early if I plan on keeping Neere or I do it in the very end just to have the XP and a couple of great magic items and I dump Neera after.
  • WolkWolk Member Posts: 279
    Do it in the order you want, but a "logic" order would be: Neera,Dorn Rassad I higly suggest you do Rasaad's and Neera's quests, both have very powerfull magic items usable by any party ;)
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    The loot from Neera's quest isn't that spectacular. Dorn's quest has much better stuff (specifically for poison immunity, and if you have a bard, Elven Chain).
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    edited May 2013
    @KidCarnival I do Neera's quest just for a certain scroll Eckandor drops.

I've found that getting Neera's quest to trigger is sometimes difficult. The last time I tried, I ended up traveling from the Gnoll Fortress to Ulgoth's Beard with her in my party just to get her to bring up going to Yoda's...um, I mean Adoy's Enclave. ~.^
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    The scroll isn't unique to her quest, and the necklace is "nice bonus", but not really essential. Dorn's quest is the only way to get the armor and sword.
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    Klorox said:

Will Neela romance my Gnome?

Neera is not picky.
    Mortianna said:

Yoda's...um, I mean Adoy's Enclave.

...damn, now it all makes sense. What deprived sense of humor the devs have. I like it.