Skip to content

Uniquely Evil Deeds in BGEE: A Thread for the Villainous

MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
*Casts Protection from Good, 10' radius*

I'm curious to learn what kinds of foul things players have done in BGEE that go beyond the scripted evil paths. Yes, we've delighted Kirinhale by tricking Riggilo into accepting of a lock of "Nymph's hair" as a "gift"; we've killed Feldepost's men for Silke even though we knew they were innocent, and some of us have even abandoned a charmed Centeol to waste away in her lair helplessly after killing all of the spiders that fed and took care of her.

But what kinds of creatively nefarious things have you done in the game that extend past the conventional options? (Simply slaughtering everyone in sight and looting their corpses isn't innovative--savage Gnolls can do that.)

For example, after completing Neera's quest at Adoy's Enclave, I dismissed her, after which she pulled her usual guilt-tripping tactics before stomping off in a huff to the Friendly Arm. After a few days, my party found themselves back at the Friendly Arm to get some rest and she approached my PC and started pestering her about joining the party again. I was looking inside my scroll case at the time and saw that I had several cursed scrolls that I couldn't sell. Since they're basically worthless and take up unnecessary space, I decided to put them to "good" use. So, I accepted her into the party once again and, as recompense for her hurt feelings, I offered her a scroll that would "help" her gain further control of her wild magic. Unfortunately, for her, it was Cursed Scroll of Ugliness and her Charisma was set to 3. I apologized, telling her I had no idea it was cursed and then gave her a "Remove Curse" scroll to cast so she could quickly remove her affliction. Yet again, I was "mistaken," and she turned to stone before our eyes--a curiously grotesque, living statue to decorate the hall.

Yes, my PC could have just dismissed her once again. However, this way, she can visit Neera anytime she desires without having to suffer her personality.

I look forward to reading the tales of your (mis)deeds.
Post edited by Mortianna on

Comments

• MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    Thanks @Jalily! Several posts on that thread are hilarious!
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    One thing I enjoy about the evil path in BG and BG2 is how often you get to backstab your supposed allies for profit. To wit: sure, I killed those men per Silke's wishes, and when I realized she'd played me, I killed her too. Helped Lothander escape his geas, then put a Flame Arrow in his back for setting me up in the first place. Sided with Bodhi, took out the Shadow Thieves, then turned around and purged her organization too. Good times. :)
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    Kill Petrine's cat as a habit.
    Cure diseased guy, then kill him.
    Give Nadine's son protection amulet, then kill Nadine.
    Oublek (turn in all quests, charm him, have him attack Minsc, have guards kill Minsc, turn in Brage's body in temple and so on)
    During Harpers/Zhent fight: backstab Jaheira, using her own Invisibility potion for stealth
    As jester: approach Baeloth spawning point invisible and singing; watch when confused gibberlings kill him during dialogue
    Deliver Neera to Red Wizards in forest
    Charm guy who is afraid of bear on bridge; have him tank bear on bridge
    Kill girl that lost cat in waterfall (its not evil, I try to reunite them in the afterlife, I swear 'tis true!)

• SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    Well, sometimes I am doing petty evil acts to brighten up my day or pay the annoying NPCs back.

- Side with Silke and then cut her for playing me. (Nobody tries to deceive me!)
    - Talk down Marl and then backstab him (Who you lookin' at?)
    - Let Jaheira tank Ankhegs "for the group". (She taunted me, saying "omnipresent" one too many times)
    - Have Khalid win over Shar-teel, put girdle of masculinity/femininity on Khalid and then kick them both from the party...and let them both stand side to side...awkwardly... talk their own issues out...
    - Recruit Alora at the Hall of Wonders in the night, take her weapons and armor and fill her pockets with some gems. Kick her out of the party and leave her standing at the crime scene. (back in vanilla BG)
    - Once, I pulled almost every NPC I did not need to the basilisk area and made a Stonehenge out of statues.
  • ThunderThunder Member Posts: 157
    shawne said:

Sided with Bodhi, took out the Shadow Thieves, then turned around and purged her organization too. Good times. :)

Sounds like you could be a paladin, purging evil all over the place!
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    edited May 2013
    - I always talk Marl down then backstab him. Every single time. Even when I play a Paladin.
    - I plant a thief hidden behind Minsc, then talk to Minsc with another party member. I tell Minsc to go screw himself, then he attacks me, and I backstab him into little chunks.
    - I kill Larry, Darryl, and Darryl simply because they're monsters. Then they still drop an autograph saying "with love".
    Post edited by Awong124 on
  • OneAngryMushroomOneAngryMushroom Member Posts: 564
    *walks into the protection from good spell*
    OW!
    *taps on the magic sphere like a fish tank*
    Well nothing I can do here.
  • WolkWolk Member Posts: 279
    throw out a party in the cloakwood mines when it is cleared.... hey! what does that plug do?
    cast Nahals reckless dweomer until i gate a demon in gullykin
    trying to teach minsc how to read on a tombstone in Naskel then have him run around the town with exploding phonix guards
    Side with the maulers of Undermountain against Gorpel Hind's group
    edited May 2013
    @Southpaw Too bad we can't bring charmed, non-joinable NPCs with us to different areas. You could make an entire city of statues that would put Mutamin's work to shame, then throw a few Skull Traps and watch the shards fly. The remaining bits could be crushed up and used for mortar for your PC's future stronghold. It would quite the conversation piece.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    edited May 2013
    Well, i normally install Valen's mod in BG2 :)! That take care of pretty most of the evil ways of pursuing quests and even add some evil ways to old quests.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited May 2013
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    @kamuizin Silver Star's mod in BG2 is also a great way to keep your reputation in the gutter. I won't spoil it for others, but her reaction to Silvanus (after he hits on her) and Sethle in the Graveyard District were very memorable.
    Wrost than Edwin(a)? cos my Edwina spammed a pretty bunch of magic missile on him last time he hit on him... ops her!
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    I haven't played BG:EE yet, so that Sarevok can continue his work undisturbed.

Am i evil or what?
    @kamuizin Much worse, actually. It involved a specific kind of dismemberment. Lol
  • TaylorTwerkTaylorTwerk Member Posts: 79
    Mornmagor said:

I haven't played BG:EE yet, so that Sarevok can continue his work undisturbed.

Am i evil or what?

You Monster.
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Go from town to town and kill everyone. I was an insane warlord showing the world my power until most of my party left me and then a group of Flaming Fist Enforcers did me in.
  • SapphireIce101SapphireIce101 Member Posts: 866
    Hmm....I usually kill Minsc on my evil characters, and usually for the lulz. Also, murder random people in the street for the lulz.

...Most of the evil things I do are for the lulz.
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    I also kill Korax even though he wants to be friends.
    Well, when i deal with the high priest umbrelle in the geas quest, i never resist to choose the option "isn't you the fool one?", so i get my geas scroll, keep the tome of understanding and then i kill her, after all she tried to attack me!!

Besides, i'm doing a favor for BG, i'm cleaning the city of an evil deity worshippers :)! Also i never tried, but i intent in my next evil run, to save many charm persons as possible. In Baldur's Gate South, in the warehouse with the basilisk gonna lure him outside and start to charm people around so the basilisk will turn everyone to stone :), and that gnome in the woods thougth his work was something... bah... amateur!

...Most of the evil things I do are for the lulz.

Haha...that quote would be the perfect epigraph for the chapter on Chaotic Evil in a book about D&D alignments.
    @kamuizin I look forward to hearing how the basilisk-rampage turns out. Sounds like it'll be good times had by all. :) It's too bad Algernon's Cloak was de-spammed. You could easily charm most of the city with the number of charges it used to have.
    edited June 2013
    @kamuizin As long as you have a couple of Nymph Cloaks with you to charm everyone, making that area of Baldur's Gate into a statue exhibit should be pretty easy. The problem is that the Greater Basilisk always makes sure to shatter its petrified victims. ~.~

photo BGBasilisk1.png

Stupid Basilisk and stupid engine, why a eyebeam would shatter an stone structure? Specially an magically petrified person? if i'm not wrong, magical petrified individuals are pretty hard to shatter, it's not easy to damage petrified people in PnP if i'm not wrong.
  • LateralusLateralus Member Posts: 903
    I love to choose the haughtiest and cockiest comments, and kill everything.
  • DjimmyDjimmy Member Posts: 749
    @Mortianna I like Neera but I have to admit you've got style.
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    That's pretty awesome.
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    kamuizin said:

Stupid Basilisk and stupid engine, why a eyebeam would shatter an stone structure?

You͠ k̛n̸ow͘ n̶othing a̢b̀ou̶t ̀eye ́b̵ea̢ḿs, Jo͢n Sn͏ow̸.̨