Skip to content

Cloakwood mines not appearing on map?

So I've been through Cloakwood and have gotten to the Wyvern den. Previous to that I went through the bandit camp via the bandit in Peldvale and I didn't visit the contact in Bergost. I went to the side of the map in the Wyvern den and no option existed to travel to the mines. How do I get the Cloakwood mines to appear on the map? When do they normally? Thanks.

Comments

• DurenasDurenas Member Posts: 508
    try going east.
  • francofranco Member Posts: 507
    edited May 2013
    I don't know if you spoke to the hostage in the tent in the Bandit camp. His dialogue should open the location of the mines in Cloakwood. You said you hadn't visited the contact in Beregost. It would be best to do that also. Although there are many side quests in BG that you may or may not choose to do, the quests that are directly linked to the main story line must be done, and it is best that they be done in order so that you make sure that the next location in the main story is opened to you.
  • RobertHeadstrongRobertHeadstrong Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    Ok I think I didn't read the documents from the chest. Talking to Tranzig or Ender Sai doesn't trigger Cloakwood mines on the map. I tested that by spawning them. It's the documents that do I guess. I put them down somewhere... I guess I'll try to find out what their console command for spawning them is.

Edit: Did the easy thing and went to the area itself by the MoveToArea("AR1800") command. That fixed it and made them appear on the map. Otherwise I would have to figure out which scroll was which on the spawn item list, and that would have been a nightmare. Thanks for the help franco. And Amberion I tried your suggestion but even if you're directly west of the mines in the 4th Cloakwood area you can't travel to it if it's not on the map. Cheers.
  • Aasimar069Aasimar069 Member Posts: 803
    In fact you don't have to actually read them.

If you followed the plot (best solution to prevent scripts bugs), you should kill Tranzig => bandit camp appear => kill the ennemies & loot the scrolls = cloakwood should appear on your map (an the mines when you exit the wyvern map from the east IIRC).
  • Aasimar069Aasimar069 Member Posts: 803
    edited May 2013
    In fact you don't have to actually read them (only loot).

If you followed the plot (best solution to prevent scripts bugs), you should kill Tranzig (and loot him) => bandit camp appear => kill the ennemies & loot the scrolls = cloakwood should appear on your map (an the mines when you exit the wyvern map from the east IIRC).