Skip to content

Help meee(Dorn left my party)

Hi , first and foremost excuse my bad english,its my second language.As the title states i'm having problems with dorn.I'm on chapter 3 i think and I was exploring the forests west of nashkel and found a kid that could not find her cat..so i helped her found her cat and dorn came and spoke to my main character and left.He said he will be waiting at the friendly arms inn so i went there, and now he just says to me "you will see the error of your ways soon enough.Begone".Which really saddens me becuase he is awesome lol..(and also he was carrying lots of my loot :/ ) So if anyone can help me I would really appreciate it..apparently he doesn't like it when you perform good deeds...any suggestions..maybe I must do some evil deeds etc.....??? :'(

Comments

• TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    edited June 2013
    NPCs will leave if your reputation is at odds with their alignment. Evil character will leave if your reputation goes higher than 18. I think most NPCs disappear forever in these situations, but I guess the new NPCs (Dorn, Neera, Rasaad) just go and wait somewhere. In order to get him back, you'll need to lower your reputation and then go recruit him again.
  • skinkskink Member Posts: 5
    TJ_Hooker said:

NPCs will leave if your reputation is at odds with their alignment. Evil character will leave if your reputation goes higher than 18. I think most NPCs disappear forever in these situations, but I guess the new NPCs (Dorn, Neera, Rasaad) just go and wait somewhere. In order to get him back, you'll need to lower your reputation and then go recruit him again.

Thanks :D I just looked now and saw my reputation is on 19!!! omg being a sun soul monk and all sigh
    So if I lower it somehow to 18 he will join me again?
    Any suggestions as how to do this without doing something to evil?.. lol

• JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    edited June 2013
    Some options:

1. If you don't have Viconia yet, recruit her in Peldvale. If you do have Viconia, kick her out and then recruit her. Recruiting Viconia lowers your reputation by 2 while kicking her out raises it by 2 (but you're capped at 20).

2. Go to Baldur's Gate or Beregost and steal something (don't pickpocket, but take something from a locked container in a private home, for example). When the Flaming Fist arrive, say whatever you want and your reputation will be lowered by 1 (this will work as long as your reputation is 9+). However, you'll need to run after this because killing a Flaming Fist soldier results in a massive reputation drop for murder.

3. BG:EE Easter Egg.
    Go to the tower in Larswood when your PC is level 5+ in at least one class. Recruit this character, and your reputation will drop by 2.

4. Tales of the Sword Coast Easter Egg.
    Go to Ulgoth's Beard and speak to the tour guide outside the inn. Agree to go on the tour and then head to Durlag's Tower. During the tour, a creature will appear. If you kill it, it drops a helmet that reverses the wearer's alignment. Placing this on Dorn will prevent him from leaving due to good deeds.
    Thanks alot :D will try this i'm sure it will work
    Thank you soooo much it worked I salute you:D