Skip to content

Resting

When I played Baldur's Gate with the disk when you rested all your damage was restored. With BGEE when I rest I only get 1 hit point per rest is this the new game rules or do I have to change something in the setting to get Max hit points when resting.

Your help would be appreciated

Wigmonster

Comments

• JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    edited June 2013
    Options -> Gameplay -> Rest Until Healed

This will make resting usually take a lot longer in game hours, however. If you have a time-sensitive quest, you could sleep right through it.

Recovering 1 Hit Point per 8 hours of rest is actually normal if you sleep in Peasant rooms. To recover more, let your characters stay in pricier rooms.
  • ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    You also use any healing spells memorized while resting, to heal more. Also, if any one has natural regeneration, they'll usually fully heal per 8 hour rest (though only Kagain and potentially a PC can get high enough con to allow regen in BG:EE).
  • WigmonsterWigmonster Member Posts: 38
    Jalily:

So if I sleep out doors, I will only regain 1 hit point per rest unless I use heal spells or potions.

Another question? When I go to quit. I click on the quit option and I just wait and wait for a long period sometimes it will shut down but most the time it will not and I have to use Control Alt Delete to exit the game do you have any suggestions. How I can exit the game when it does not shut down by clicking on the icon.

Thank You for your Help
    Wigmonster
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    To the first question, yes. Regenerating characters (20+ Con) will recover a lot more though.

Personally, I switch to desktop/Alt+Tab and then right-click -> Close window. It's faster than going through the menus.
  • WigmonsterWigmonster Member Posts: 38
    Thank You Jalily for your Help

Wigmonster(Stewart)