Skip to content

Game got extremely laggy all of a sudden

TheGreatKhanTheGreatKhan Member Posts: 106
edited November 2013 in Not An Issue
I've been playing this since it came out and I've had no problems at all. The game ran really fast and I never experienced any slowdowns.

However just within the last few days I've been noticing how slow the game has gotten. I'm also lagging heavily in fights. The menus all move very fast but as soon as I fight something it starts going really slow. The whole game seems off all of a sudden.

After this happened I decided to update my drivers and run every virus scan I have. Nothing changed. Then I reinstalled and deleted all my files and still the same lag.
Post edited by Jalily on

Comments

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Have you checked your Task Manager? If you only noticed the difference in the last few days, that suggests that something in your system has changed. You might want to run a full anti-virus scan as well.
  • EntropyXIIEntropyXII Member Posts: 656
    Check windows update hasn't installed something that runs on start up. I keep getting this bloody program installing itself with each new update that uses 50% of my CPU. It's completely legit apparently - which makes me want to punch Windows in the face.
  • TheGreatKhanTheGreatKhan Member Posts: 106
    I ran several full virus scans and nothing came up so I'm good on that end. I've spent the last two days cleaning up things I don't need on my hard drive and defragmenting it.

I also went through tons of trouble to update my windows 7 service pack 1, that for some reason would never work in the past and my graphics drivers.

I went through msconfig and cancelled all the startup programs that weren't necessary, there were a ton of them and I don't even know how half of them got on there and why only now they were effecting it.

I also checked task manager and nothing is running out of the ordinary, but it's possible it was before I started cancelling programs.

I also reinstalled one more time and the game is working great again so far though, so thank you both.
  • EntropyXIIEntropyXII Member Posts: 656
    edited June 2013
    I noticed it was one of my Svchost programs which was using all my CPU. It was a legit Svchost (not a virus) so I did a bit of googling and discovered it stemmed from a Windows Update install - turning this program off worked wonders. I can't remember the name of the particular program but my laptop went from crap to fantastic in a matter of seconds.

I'm glad I could help!
    Post edited by EntropyXII on