Skip to content

**Spoiler** [request] New Quests in BGEE

Ok, its no news that lotsa ppl expect to see the original content expanded in many ways, some of which the current contract seems to turn feasible.

But there is something I'd **really** love to see, and that may give BGEE an incredible growth...

A "new saga" inside BGEE: A new storyline that guides you, the character, through and ACROSS the original saga of the CHARNAME's plot, in a different point of view.

My first idea is somewhat an "antagonic" storyline, where you start at Baldur's Gate and is hired to murder someone at Candlekeep: the original ! (Maybe it could interact with a player's previous finished savegame, having you fight yourself and your previous party across the realms!). Lot of other enemies and a misterious employer could make things harder, when the motivations to be doing it turns more than achieving gold - maybe you have to do it because an evil mastermind is holding something dear to you!

And maybe the explanation to the motivations of is NOT explained at the start, allowing the player to build it toward good alignment (you needed the gold to save your hide, or maybe the employer has a hostage... or more!

I think that would be fairly interesting: start at some corner inside Baldur's Gate and has to quickly depart toward his "objective", since there are others who seek 's head and YOU must get it first.

elminster

Comments

• mungomunkmungomunk Member Posts: 63
    nah, somehow this doesnt sound to appealing to me:/ I'd rather have more indipendent quests within the original story, as it has been done with Rasaad, Dorn and Neera. However I dont really need any more NPCs. There are so many already that I only invite into my party to do their quests and then dump them right away after finishing them.
  • ItomonItomon Member Posts: 187
    Still, having a paralell quest with a different end would be easier to avoid messing with original content than something else, and would improve the feeling of replay for everyone. It could even REQUIRE a FINISHED-SAVEGAME to access, giving the original game a nice "extension" without having to deal with higher-level characters.