Skip to content

How do you normally build Mazzy?

2»

Comments

• BobCBobC Member Posts: 47
    edited June 2013
    Probably the most annoying NPC in the game. She personifies the whole "Lawful Stupid" trope. Keldorn is surprising awesome and smart for a paladin. and Anomen arrogance just makes him awesome and interesting in general (I honestly think only people who hate him are people who play the female protagonist).

Gameplay wise, I really like her though. She has a decent combination of stats and skills. Her ability to boost her strength makes up for her average strength. Yeah, she has short sword and short bow proficiency, but neither of those weapon categories are bad.
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    @GoodSteve - LOL. A halfling with a Halbard? A 4 foot person with an 8 foot long weapon? Makes me think of something out of Willow or Time bandits.
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    @the_spyder: Makes me think of someone out of Macedon. Conquering Greece, then Persia, then India. Granted, the 18-foot-long Macedonian sarissa only really worked in formation, but still. Weapons longer than the wielder is tall are not entirely without precedent, and a factor of two isn't even historically unusual. Honestly, it's a lot more plausible than dual-wielding longswords, and no one seems to have a problem with that.

@BobC: I've played many characters of both genders, and I have always hated Anomen, even before I rolled my first female PC. Now, my subjective opinion of him is no more valid than yours, but believe me when I say that there is more to Anomen's hatedom than thinly-veiled frustration that he isn't Haer'Dalis.
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    @Jarrakul - true enough. Still makes me think of Time Bandits.
  • GoodSteveGoodSteve Member Posts: 607
    edited June 2013

@GoodSteve - LOL. A halfling with a Halbard? A 4 foot person with an 8 foot long weapon? Makes me think of something out of Willow or Time bandits.

Uh, why willow? I don't recall any scenes in that movie where a "nelwin" used a weapon that was twice their size. Also, someone two-weapon fighting with a pair of bastard swords which are described as being as long as 4 feet 10 inches in the BG weapon description, (so, picture someone holding a Danny DeVito in each hand and fighting effectively) is far more ludacris than someone using a polearm that is twice their height.
  • SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    edited June 2013

she's redundant with Minsc / Korgan / Keldorn / Yoshimo or other guys usually end up being just better choices.

With Mazzy it comes down to when you want the power. She remains the best archer in the game from the moment you recruit her to the end.

Haer'Dalis wants to have a word with you, the best archer in the whole game :)