Skip to content

Best use of 'cursed' belt of gender altering

What do you do with the cursed belt that changes your gender to the opposite sex?

I used it after Nashkel on Dorn and was blown away, Dorn is way cooler (not to mention sexier) as a female. She comes in midnight black plate armor and equipped with composite longbow or two handed sword has got to be the coolest use of the belt.... damn.

Comments

• ambrennanambrennan Member Posts: 173
    Common consensus is Shar-Teel , Viconia or Edwin. Personally, I'd sell it and buy some scrolls for the party wild Mage.
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    The crying game? Poor rasaad!
  • IxtabaiIxtabai Member Posts: 23
    edited June 2013
    Before Dorn I tried it briefly on Khalid (whom i subsequently dubbed Khadija). Was fun having Khadija and Jaheira helming the troupe... @ambrennan I wouldn't dare put it on Shar-Teel! that's just too cruel!
  • TaylorTwerkTaylorTwerk Member Posts: 79
    Ixtabai said:

I've always wanted to put it on a pregnant Aerie.

OMG! Would that function as a magical abortion? Or would the belt not affect the placenta considering it part of the (belt-less) child inside the (belted) Aerie? A real philosophical chicken and egg right here...

Either an abortion or a hold person/comand/magic missle or phantom sword c-section
  • IxtabaiIxtabai Member Posts: 23
    Putting the belt on Dorn makes more sense RP-wise... he comes to me asking for tips on guile and persuasion (& I am a bard after all). If he is to sneak up on his attackers and locate them via more subtle means, what better way than to adopt a stunning disguise like a sex-change! who would think....!

The only reason to put it on Shar-Teel would be if you are especially sadistic and, after defeating her in single combat, you want to further humiliate her by forcing her to walk in a man's shoes...

But, @ambrennan why Viconia??? There is no reason to...
  • TaylorTwerkTaylorTwerk Member Posts: 79
    Ixtabai said:

Putting the belt on Dorn makes more sense RP-wise... he comes to me asking for tips on guile and persuasion (& I am a bard after all). If he is to sneak up on his attackers and locate them via more subtle means, what better way than to adopt a stunning disguise like a sex-change! who would think....!

The only reason to put it on Shar-Teel would be if you are especially sadistic and, after defeating her in single combat, you want to further humiliate her by forcing her to walk in a man's shoes...

But, @ambrennan why Viconia??? There is no reason to...

'Fetch me a sandwich male!'
    Is one of her banters towards char, and edwin in my use of her in bg1 but I haven't tried a lot of variations with her so I'm sure she says it more often.
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    I use it on Khalid, when he annoys me (before kicking them out of the group), Shar-teel after winning a duel with her or Edwin (to get Edwina). http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/VideoGameCrueltyPotential
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    The best use is to give it to Jaheira of Shar-teel since they act like men.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    I normally give it to one of the fighters in my group. Sometimes Kagain or Shar-teel if I'm playing evil. Sometimes Khalid or Minsc if I'm leaning good.
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Money is money.

I always sell it. I'm boring, I know.

• TyranusTyranus Member Posts: 268
    Edwin, hands down. He was sadly just born in the wrong body. It's just his fate. It's good that everything works themselves out in the end ;)
  • wey136wey136 Member Posts: 1
    Used it pn xzar. "Stop tpuching me"
  • dementeddemented Member Posts: 388
    Change sex while in a relationship with Anomen. He's very repressed and it just seems like getting screwed by a guy would solve a lot of his problems.
  • AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    @Jarrakul Hmm, maybe, but I have the feeling that Eldoth is more of a dick in general than a sexist specifically.
    I have a feeling that if he changed gender he would just use his womanly charms to lure gullible men and continue as before X) Maybe he is the character that would deal best with a sex-change now that I think about it...
  • elementelement Member Posts: 833
    my chaotic neutral dragon disciple got upset put it on dawn then petrified him

he was much nicer to keep around that way
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    @Aristillius, I dunno, some of Eldoth's interactions with Skie are remarkably misogynist. I think he even gives her the "women should be seen and not heard" like at some point. That could just be him trying to shut her up, but he's manipulative enough that he could probably come up with something more effective if he wasn't speaking from his cold, atrophied heart.
  • AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    Yeah, you are probably right - I havent partied that much with Eldoth - it was merely speculation @Jarrakul
  • WanderonWanderon Member Posts: 1,418
    Sadly the belt does nothing except change the paper doll (AFAIK) - if it actually effected the character who wore it (changed banter etc) it would be much more fun - as it is I just sell it.