Skip to content

[Mod] WoW! Soundsets!

KalindorKalindor Member Posts: 51
edited June 2013 in General Modding
DESCRIPTION:
This "mod" is merely a compilation of voice clips from World of Warcraft that have been adapted to serve as soundsets for Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition. I have endeavored to remove any references to in-universe Warcraft content, so they should be generic enough for use with BG characters. The sets are taken from the vocal emotes in WoW. Purists should note that some liberties were taken in selecting the voice clips that were used for "nighttime," "in dungeon," etc. due to lack of appropriate source material.

Longtime WoW players should note that use of this content may result in mild cognitive dissonance...

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:
Download both compressed files and extract using 7-Zip or compatible program. Copy the "charsnd.2da" file into your override directory. Copy all of the sound clips from the "WoW! Female Sound Files!" and "WoW! Male Sound Files!" directories to your sounds folder, located in lang/en_US/sounds. If you are using a language other than American English, copy the sound files to the appropriate subfolder.

If you are using other custom soundsets, you need to modify your charsnd.2da to contain the columns for both your sets and for the WoW sets. If you don't know how to do this, here is an easy tutorial by Luigirules explaining how to modify charsnd.2da: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/8868/here-s-how-to-add-custom-sound-sets/p4

TERMS OF USE:
None of these voice clips are my work and are readily available online. I claim no rights to the material. I only converted them into soundsets for BG:EE. You are free to use and distribute the content as you see fit.

Comments

• ThalamondThalamond Member Posts: 108
    For some reason, the soundsets only work for me in the character creation. In game they are all mute. Any ideas? I have no other soundset mods.
  • JixoJixo Member Posts: 12
    Same problem as above ^ could it be the update?