Skip to content

Telekinesis Spell

bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
The purpose of this spell is to allow a mage to perform certain actions remotely. The mage can pick up items on the ground or from a treasure chest within his visual range. Also, he can open doors remotely, and if he is a mage/thief, he can disarm traps, unlock doors and pickpocket from a distance.

The main reason I want this spell is that I feel frustrated whenever I cannot get access to items on the ground that are unreachable to my party. Sometimes, enemies fight on the unreachable ground and my party cant get to the loots.

Unlike Knock, this spell merely lets the mage to perform actions remotely. This does not add any bonus or penalty to thieving skills.

Telekinesis Spell
Level 1
School: Illusion
Range: Visual range of caster
Cast: 5
Duration: 1 turn

Description: (1st paragraph above)
francoelminsterGrammarsalad

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    This would be a really useful spell to have!
  • francofranco Member Posts: 507
    I think Telekinesis would be an absolutely fun spell to have in the game, especially if the graphics can show some objects actually rise up and come to the mage.

I'm not too sure it should be in the Illusion school, though, because it looks like it's the real thing. A little bit of the Force in BG.
  • bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
    I guess this spell can go to Conjuration. The mage creates some sort of "magnetic force" to attract stuff from a distance.
  • ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    edited June 2013
    Unseen servant (1st level, Conjuration) on the other hand can carry up to 20 pounds of weight and open unlocked doors or chests. It's permanently invisible, cannot attack, flies, and only has 1 hit point.

Telekinesis is a 5th level alteration spell. Can be used to pick up objects, manipulate some switches or open unlocked doors or chests, potentially setting off traps without as much risk to characters. Or you can expend the spell against a target to attempt to knock them off their feet, with a maximum weight of 25 per caster level.
    elminster