Skip to content

BGII:EE craftable/upgradable shields

In BGII, you end up crafting and/or upgrading a ton of different items, but never shields. It would be great to see the addition of just a few special and powerful shields that grant some special immunities (like the Shield of Harmony and Shield of Balduran) and give large bonuses to AC.

Wouldn't it be cool to bring pieces of a shield to Cromwell or Cespenar and find an item as powerful (in a shield kind of way) as dragon scale or the Crom Faeyr?

Comments

• ChubiChubi Member Posts: 1
    Thesdude, this seems like a really cool idea! I recently created a Fighter/Druid proficient in sword-and-shield style; basically a shield tank capable of soloing the game. But, there really aren't that many awesome shields (besides Saving Grace, I guess, but all it does is give you an AC bonus) that I can use, much less upgrade. It would be fantastic to see shields as exciting to use and strive for as weapons and armor.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    I agree with this
  • bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
    There is an item mod that improves and upgrades the existing weapons, armors and shields. I believe one of the improved item is the shield of amaunator from temple ruins.
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    Yeah, there's Weimer's Item Upgrade mod for BG2 and the BG1 Forge Mod for BG1, but from what I remember neither are particularly well balanced, at least in my opinion.
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,178
    TJ_Hooker said:

Yeah, there's Weimer's Item Upgrade mod for BG2 and the BG1 Forge Mod for BG1, but from what I remember neither are particularly well balanced, at least in my opinion.

I remember I had to install some mods to increase difficulty and play on insane, and it still felt like normal difficulty because of this mod. Still one of my very most favourite mods. I loved when I finally got the last piece and went to forge some super cool item.