Skip to content

Delays Due To Publisher Issues... Are You Kidding Me?!?

While I cannot even pretend to know what is going on between the BG team and their publisher, I am sorely disappointed! After waiting so long for the Android edition, such delays are maddening. Hopefully this will be resolved on a timely basis.... or a mob of pitchfork weilding BG fans may storm the castle.

Comments

• ReyRey Member Posts: 8
    edited June 2013
    Source on this?

Devs are having the droid port on their low priority list - they're clearly more concerned about patches for other platforms, but where did you get publishers issues?

Edit: found it http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/06/19/baldur-39-s-gate-enhanced-edition-pulled-from-app-store.aspx

Most likely publishers are getting tired of constant delays - there is something that doesn't work if games have almost one year delays.
    @Dee

Thanks. From the wording on http://www.baldursgate.com/ it seems that Android port is ready to be released (except for the publishers issues). Yay, nay or no comment? :)
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    No comment (for now). :)

It's certainly close, I'll say that much. This news is still fairly young, so information is still trickling out.
    rdarkenGrieg
    Alright, good luck!
  • vnkwerjauvnkwerjau Member Posts: 28
    the end has come :(
  • smartroadsmartroad Member Posts: 47
    edited June 2013
    I have been sticking my head in on occasion to see if the Android version was finally released. Now this. Sorry guys but I'm not bothering anymore. Having now installed BG on my PC and applied all the patches from the community, I can't see me playing it on my tablet now. Maybe I'll check in a few months time, if it is out then maybe I'll have a change of heart. Until then good luck.
  • Shogun_Named_MarcusShogun_Named_Marcus Member Posts: 13
    smartroad said:

I have been sticking my head in on occasion to see if the Android version was finally released. Now this. Sorry guys but I'm not bothering anymore. Having now installed BG on my PC and applied all the patches from the community, I can't see me playing it on my tablet now. Maybe I'll check in a few months time, if it is out then maybe I'll have a change of heart. Until then good luck.

This is about where I'm at right now as well. Coming back week after week, month after month, to almost absolutely no news other than, "we're working on it, it's just not done yet" was already getting old. I was excited when I heard this was coming for Android (late last year), I had been thinking about getting a tablet anyways but knowing that this was going to be on it was definitely a contributing factor to my purchase. I don't regret getting the tablet, but I am frustrated that BG:EE hasn't made it on there yet and now, looks like it might never get there at all.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    It'll get there eventually, it just might take a while.
  • TheDudeTheDude Member Posts: 8
    Based upon the way the notice was written it sounded like the Android version was ready for distribution. Note that the dispute appears to be over, hopefully the Android version will be released in the next few weeks (I am crossing my fingers since I have a number of long haul flights to the middle east and Australia).
  • shiftedshifted Member Posts: 5
    edited June 2013
    I can't believe you didn't release it while you had the chance. Sure, the game may have needed a little "polish" but at least you would have gotten it out there for people to play and report bugs while this all got worked out. This would have allowed you to continue working on it at the same time. Now it sits on a shelf while people forget about it.
  • popssracerpopssracer Member Posts: 1
    smartroad said:

Nicely put, I am in this same boat as well. I know stuff happens, and its always unfortunate, I'm not gonna pitch a fit and complain about what I feel I am entitled to or impatient about, I'm just gonna move on. I have a copy of the original, I can always install it if I feel the hankering. The original was one of my favorite games of all time, and I was looking forward to having it on my tablet. Thanks for trying, hope it turns out well.

• AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    I might be naive, but I am still very confident that we will see BGee on android. The amount of work put into it jsust cant go to waste. The downside is the amount of time we might have to wait.
  • TheDudeTheDude Member Posts: 8
    I sincerely hope @Aristillius is right. I've got a long haul flight coming up in a few weeks and would love the diversion.