Skip to content

The app wont launch.

Darek_DeathDarek_Death Member Posts: 56
edited June 2013 in Mac OS X (Archive)
I got the game over a month ago I think, it worked perfectly for me, but I got the game for my dad 2-3 weeks ago so we could play multiplayer but it wouldn't launch on his computer. Everytime its freshly installed, it bounces for a minute then says the app is corrupt and that it should be moved to trash. It said this on another account on his computer, it said this on multiple fresh OS installs on an external drive, and it even says this on other accounts on my computer (whether a fresh install of the game or trying to launch the install that already works for me) but for some reason it worked perfectly on my account (all fresh installs of the game work perfectly on my account too) on my computer without having to do anything additional to installing and launching the app.

Am I missing something? Is there some tools or software or settings it needs to run that by coincidence I already have on my account? What do I do?

Here is a Crash Report I just generated by launching the app on my dads comp a minute ago, if that helps anyone.

P.S. All using Mountain Lion
Post edited by Darek_Death on

Comments

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Are you downloading a fresh installer each time?

Also, are you installing from the AppStore or from the Beamdog website?
  • Darek_DeathDarek_Death Member Posts: 56
    Not every time, but I did try that. Originally I copied it onto a pocket drive to save the hours of download time, but of course when it didn't work I downloaded it again for my dad. Unsurprisingly it didn't help, like I said the game will work every time I install it on my main account on my computer, it just wont run anywhere else. So It definitely has to be something nonstandard on my account which is making it work. I could try buying another copy of the game and downloading it from both the beamdog website and the appstore and compare but I very doubt that will change anything, and I don't think I can anyway. Weren't they taken down for some legal reasons?
    Also, could I download it from the beamdog website if I only bought it through the appstore?
    I haven't even tried to download anything since before that stuff went down, I'm just working on trying to get the app I have installed on my comp that works perfectly to work from the install on the external right now. I got nothing in my search when I look for baldur's gate in the app store just now.