Skip to content

Swashbuckler bonus progression rate?

Swashbuckers start with a +1 AC bonus, and subsequently gain one for every 5 levels of experience. The +1 to hit and damage bonuses progress at the same rate.

So do the bonuses kick in at levels 1, 5, 10, 15, etc., or levels 1, 6, 11, 16, etc.?

Thanks!

Comments

• SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    as far as I know (used to play with a swashie too) - the -1AC hits at levels 1,5,10...
    the +1hit/+1dmg bonuses apply at levels 5,10,15...
  • ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    +1 AC at creation, and then +1 hit/damage/AC per 5 levels.
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 876
    Thanks for the answers.

The reason I asked is that, according the the rulebook, blades receive additional 'spins' every 4 levels. I had assumed that this meant at levels 1, 4, 8, etc., but it turned out to be at levels 1, 5, 9, etc. (i.e., level 1 + 4). The same thing with the totemic druid (one additional summoning every 5 levels, which turned out to be at levels 1, 6, 11, etc.).

Consequently, I was wondering which progression rate applied to swashbucklers in BGEE.
  • WispWisp Member Posts: 1,102
    You gain AC bonuses at levels 1, 5, 10, 15 etc.
    You gain bonuses to hit and damage at levels 5, 10, 15 etc.
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    @Thrasymachus - try checking playithardcore.com page. There's a few very good pages about the kits and classes, stats and ... progression tables. True, not all details are in - like this particular one that you've asked, but otherwise it's packed with data.

http://playithardcore.com/pihwiki/index.php?title=Baldur's_Gate:_Classes_and_Kits