Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit nwn.beamdog.com to make an order. NWN:EE FAQ is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, PST:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Changes for familiars

DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,701
Was soloing a caster in tutu and decided to make my familiar a useful part of the team... Basically I am using it to damage sleeping or webbed enemies, which makes things much quicker. Also as a scout, though a very cautious one. However, I do not enjoy getting my familiar killed by a crit. I wouldn't mind it so much if the poor guy got killed by misuse; but why does he get critted so damn often!? Anyways, I don't see how it would be abuseable to give familiars crit immunity. They would suddenly be able to risk getting hit by an archer. Obviously after you have a few levels this is less of a problem, as your familiar will be hidden in your pack!

Other idea: give familiars hp as a function of your own. Might be interesting for a fighter Mage, but your hardly going to count on the little guy as a tank.