Skip to content

Not bringing drizzts scimitars to baldurs gate 2 despite pick pocketing them

sledgefangsledgefang Member Posts: 42
I just want to know if drizzt will be hostile with me in baldurs gate 2 if Import my character without the scimitars even though I pick pocketed them during my game? I got them for Jaheira, not for my pally and I plan to import my paladin into baldurs gate two without any equipment
Post edited by Jalily on

Comments

• JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    If you don't import any of his equipment (scimitars or mithral chain mail), he won't know. ;)
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    I don't think any actual variables are carried over, i.e. choices and actions made in BG1 have no effect whatsoever on BG2. The only thing that does have an influence are certain items (some of Drizzt's gear, pantaloons). If you don't have those items on you, at the right time, nothing will happen!
  • KaltzorKaltzor Member Posts: 1,050
    There is a variable for having killed drizzt, I'm not 100% sure if that gets checked during importing to BG2.

Besides, importing items to BG2 is relatively pointless anyways because Irenicus takes them away and apparently sells them off or something... Never really made entirely clear where most of the stuff ends up.
  • DaelricDaelric Member Posts: 266
    I remember hearing years ago that if you killed Drizzt in BG1 he has special dialogue options when you find him in BG2.
  • bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
    I thought the rumor was that if you have the same name as Drizzt and have a bad reputation, then you get the special dialogue.
  • KaltzorKaltzor Member Posts: 1,050
    From my understanding, If your character is named Drizzt and you have a low reputation he attacks you without any options.
  • sledgefangsledgefang Member Posts: 42
    Ah ok perfect then when I import my character ill make sure to not have the scimitars just in case. Thanks guys
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    edited July 2013
    A) if you import the char with Drizzt's item, then he will say "Wait, I recognize you! You're the scoundrels from Baldur's Gate, blablabla!". But you will still be able to apologize and receive his help.
    (There's also a rep check, if I'm not wrong)

B) if you named your char Drizzt, it is an elf and has low rep, then he will attack you.

C) there are items like Helm of Balduran, Claw of Kazgaroth and Golden Pantaloons that, if imported with your char, will be found during the game.
    Post edited by SpaceInvader on
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    There was a trick/glitch to preserve your imported items into BG2

Pause with spacebar right at the start of BG2, when you see only dark and hear your CHARNAME moan. The game actually pauses. Hit I for inventory and if you timed it right, you will still have all your equipment. Drop the things you want to keep on the floor as when Irenicus appears, the game will remove all equipment from you, but not any from the ground.
    Watch the cutscene and then just pick them up again.

For the record - I've used it once to see that it works with a Dagger of Venom. Never needed/required to keep any other equipment throughout BG2.
  • sledgefangsledgefang Member Posts: 42
    so if i import my character but without the scimitars and do the space bar trick to keep my other items, i shouldnt get the dialog from drizzt about stealing his stuff right?
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026

so if i import my character but without the scimitars and do the space bar trick to keep my other items, i shouldnt get the dialog from drizzt about stealing his stuff right?

I think so. Not 100% sure though.
  • ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    It tags the variable when Irenicus takes your stuff. There's several items that change what's found in the dungeon (or they did at one time.....haven't noticed it working correctly after a ToB) or in the case of Drizzt's stuff, affect his encounter.
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853

(or they did at one time.....haven't noticed it working correctly after a ToB)

Yes it still works after ToB.