Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit nwn.beamdog.com to make an order. NWN:EE FAQ is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, PST:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Is it possible to turn back this version? Beamdog did very poor job.

YoYoYoYo Member Posts: 71
How to do it on apple store? Developer did poor job, I bought this BB EE in December...for promisses of my languge.

Till now no!

Jus tpromisses, promisses and promisses and very poor support.

Im mega disappointed of developers job and promisses without true.

How to turn back to apple store this BG version after 7 months of developer promisses?

Comments

  • MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,481
    Beamdog have great customer service. Unfortunately the Apple Store, less so. I don't think apple offer anything other than refunds for accidental purchases (shortly after the event) though you can always ask them.

  • TravelleriTravelleri Member Posts: 32
    "Beamdog have great customer service..." Oh, please... The only reason I bought this game was because of the Ipad version. Now almost after one year, there's still no finished product and no idea when it's gonna be there. Yeah, we do get some poor explanations on what they are planning to do, but still... Those are only words and the truth probably is that they just don't care about their promises, since the Ipad gamers are minority. Why not just pay for someone a few thousand dollars and let them do the porting job? Oh, right... U already got the profit, so no need...

    iKrivetko
  • IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 788
    The update is definitely well on its way. I don't know about you but I expected as much that the priority is for PC, iOS will always only come second. The update just got released for PC recently, expect a few weeks delay for iOS...but it's definitely coming. You've waited a year as you keep on saying, what's another week or 2? At what angle are you looking at here anyway? PC vs. iOS? PC gamers waited almost about same time too.

    As to support, name a company who supports better than Beamdog and if you could, I'll shoot myself right now. Just look at how far our $20 went? Bah, just look at how many hundreds of bugs were fixed already and top that, many new features were added as a bonus; features that many came directly from our suggestions - just goes to show that they listen. How often do you see that? XCOM even after a long hasn't fixed their known game-breaking bugs and shows no intention to fix them. Hardly ever fixed anything. A not so uncommon story. To think many of them are worth $50-60 and has all the resources of a bigger company.

    Kurumimch202
  • TravelleriTravelleri Member Posts: 32
    edited November 2013
    "You've waited a year as you keep on saying, what's another week or 2"

    How many times during that time they have said "very soon"? A LOT... And still not finished... It's misguiding. U think I would whine about the matter if they would give some ETA, like two months? I would not waste my time here during that two months and always get disappointed when I come here to meet the fact that nothing has happened.

    You know... Reading their dev's messages gives hope for some people, when they give some info about touch screen controls that apple solved for them for example. But they never say anything about the job they still haven't done. Don't they plan anything? Do they fear that we couldn't wait for that ETA which might be a few months if needed? Why can't they communicate with their customers like adults?

    "As to support, name a company who supports better than Beamdog and if you could, I'll shoot myself right now"

    I can only expect that kinda response from a person that does not work on business. I don't want you to shoot yourself, but there are many. I don't know if you live in a country that has no standards, but the reason finnish companies USUALLY have a good reputation in all around the world is because we carry those standards with us wherever we go. Finland is an expensive country so we can't fight with prices, so we must fight with quality and standards, good planning and customer communication if we fail to meet our timeline, we'll let the other party know in time. If you fail on one or two areas, the competition is gonna eat you. In the country I live in, when you make false claims to your customer, they can retract the deal and take their money back. It's in our law. In this kind of product, the timeline should be a few months.

    Customer support is one of the key areas in business. I don't know if they suck only in Ipad area, since we have so different opinions on this topic and I don't visit other threads that much. Could be... They can actually be amazing if you know where to look for the info, like twitter, facebook, interview in some random podcast or google. If they wanna make their support better, they should make all the info available, without people having to search for the facts randomly around the internet.

    "To think many of them are worth $50-60 and has all the resources of a bigger Company"

    No one expects this project to be on the same scale as tripple A games. BG was already there for years... They didn't MAKE the game(That takes time and effort). They only had to port it for other platforms and make a couple NPC's and sidequests. Yes, they also decided redesign the engine, which is a good thing if they can really pull it off on the Ipad side as well, but still... Comparing this project to some tripple A game... Come on...

    Yeah, I also have that X-Com for both PC and Ipad. At least I can play it ten times better on Ipad than BGEE.

    Well... All I really wish is that what the team said they're gonna do when they took my money, they'll do that. A moddable BGEE that can export saves to BG2EE on Ipad, with a usable interface. I really don't want any translations. I hope it happens some day... A year ago I was hyper excited about this game, listened every interview I could find about the project and so on... Now I'm just realistic and stating the facts that my eyes can see.

    Post edited by Travelleri on
  • IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 788
    I had the impression that what they usually say is along the lines of "it's done when it's done". One could argue that it's unprofessional - don't they have timelines? I think it is safe to assume that they do but they just don't want to set deadlines publicly and be forced to release a less polished update than what they'd want or more importantly, what we'd want. I prefer that kind of thinking. Many seem to agree to that, as when you follow by analogy, players wanted the game to be released later when the patch could have had been released earlier during public beta - that's to make sure more bugs are filtered. Just look at how many good games could have had been better if not for these damn timelines. Let the numbers speak for themselves, they show dedication for better support, next patch would fix several hundred bugs with some new cool features. I'm sure we could preoccupy ourselves with better things while waiting for a game patch. I understand your frustration to some extent though.

    As to communication, most of game developers hardly communicate with its gamers. We have the better forum here than most out there. That's another way of looking at their good support. At least we get updated that an update is coming and we can even talk about it with them directly; in most in other games, we just know it when it gets released.

    As to XCOM, it took them 2 months to include second wave in ipad. It shows that it isn't easy to port to ipad, lest we'll have hundreds of our beloved games ported; an iOS port is easy money after all. Oh how I wish it was easy, I myself would want a Dragon Age or Neverwinter port. Simply put, what I'm trying to say is let's just wait, it'll definitely come out and that's what's important. Btw, I don't have anything againdt XCOM, I love the game.

    DelvarianEligor
  • davemodavemo Member Posts: 147
    Illustair: sounds like a classic "damned if we do, damned if we don't".

  • greenfishgreenfish Member Posts: 84
    Illustair said:

    I had the impression that what they usually say is along the lines of "it's done when it's done". One could argue that it's unprofessional - don't they have timelines? I think it is safe to assume that they do but they just don't want to set deadlines publicly and be forced to release a less polished update than what they'd want or more importantly, what we'd want. I prefer that kind of thinking. Many seem to agree to that, as when you follow by analogy, players wanted the game to be released later when the patch could have had been released earlier during public beta - that's to make sure more bugs are filtered. Just look at how many good games could have had been better if not for these damn timelines. Let the numbers speak for themselves, they show dedication for better support, next patch would fix several hundred bugs with some new cool features. I'm sure we could preoccupy ourselves with better things while waiting for a game patch. I understand your frustration to some extent though.

    As to communication, most of game developers hardly communicate with its gamers. We have the better forum here than most out there. That's another way of looking at their good support. At least we get updated that an update is coming and we can even talk about it with them directly; in most in other games, we just know it when it gets released.

    As to XCOM, it took them 2 months to include second wave in ipad. It shows that it isn't easy to port to ipad, lest we'll have hundreds of our beloved games ported; an iOS port is easy money after all. Oh how I wish it was easy, I myself would want a Dragon Age or Neverwinter port. Simply put, what I'm trying to say is let's just wait, it'll definitely come out and that's what's important. Btw, I don't have anything againdt XCOM, I love the game.

    What? How on earth do you draw that conclusion. Based on delays?

    Porting code to a known exsisting branch is VERY easy, at least for a PROFESSIONAL.

    The reason for xcoms delay wasn't because it's "hard" to code for ipad.

    Too bad they didn't update xcom for ipad 4 and new models. Too bad we have to suffer the fps lockdowns and tearing.

    The biggest problem they have is that they offer support still to ipad 1, that means the game has to run at a certain resolution/specs, this of course penalties newer models who can't use their new hardware. Of course in the right hands of professionals this is not a problem. Look at pinball arcade their app offers true retina hardware to scale with your ipad.

  • iKrivetkoiKrivetko Member Posts: 910
    greenfish said:

    The biggest problem they have is that they offer support still to ipad 1, that means the game has to run at a certain resolution/specs, this of course penalties newer models who can't use their new hardware.

    No, it doesn't.

  • IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 788
    edited December 2013
    If you could point out the real reason why they weren't able to include Second Wave when it was first introduced in iOS and still took them 2 months then I'd stand corrected. But still. I don't know how you got the impression that it's easy to port games, but I think it's much safer to say that it isn't. Otherwise, you'd have all the ingredients you need. First, an existing game. Second, a port would most likely, if not definitely, be profitable (all ports that i know of seem to turn out as a success). Third, it is VERY easy to port. How come there are only a handful iOS ports? It just doesn't add up. By now you'd think we'd have a little too many ports. A decade year old game doesn't help either I believe.

    I could be wrong though. Just said that based on my observations, I'm no authority at all regarding the same.

  • greenfishgreenfish Member Posts: 84
    Illustair said:

    If you could point out the real reason why they weren't able to include Second Wave when it was first introduced in iOS and still took them 2 months then I'd stand corrected. But still. I don't know how you got the impression that it's easy to port games, but I think it's much safer to say that it isn't. Otherwise, you'd have all the ingredients you need. First, an existing game. Second, a port would most likely, if not definitely, be profitable (all ports that i know of seem to turn out as a success). Third, it is VERY easy to port. How come there are only a handful iOS ports? It just doesn't add up. By now you'd think we'd have a little too many ports. A decade year old game doesn't help either I believe.

    I could be wrong though. Just said that based on my observations, I'm no authority at all regarding the same.

    Because 2nd wave was already present in the PC and ipad version before it was officially "launched".

    Ipad games are written in the same language C++, using the same archictecthure as a modern x86, so there's no reason what so ever it would be hard to port. Other than some companies only offers support to older units ipad 1-2, which makes the newer ones upscale resolution.

    How to enable 2nd wave on pc/ipad before DLC was released:

    http://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php/DefaultGameCore.ini_settings_-_XCOM:EU_2012#Second_Wave

    I was playing 2nd wave on my ipad before the patch (jailbroken unit, ipad3)

    I agree with you why aren't there more real PC ports on ipad instead of the usual indie/mobile games we've had since early 2000s. I'm getting sick and tired of all the tower defense clones on appstore or childrens games.

    miami hotline, papers please should be on on a tablet but they aren't, weird.

    I'm baffled they haven't released kotor 2 year+mod support.

    Illustair
  • davemodavemo Member Posts: 147
    When it comes to UI, XCOM:Enemy Unknown is a much easier port than Baldur's gate because you do not interact with small items. Enemy Unknown was also designed with the iPad already in existence -- so I would guess the figured they would eventually port it when they designed it. The iOS version came out pretty quick, so it seems likely that we are using the word "port" quite differently for the 2 games.

    XCOM is tile based, like Avernum. This is completely different. It is a great match for touch. Plus, it was written for modern systems. Baldur's Gate wasn't. The porting complexity seems likely quite different to me.

  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,069
    edited December 2013
    Please don't get offended for the content of this post, it is not directed to anyone but BG:EE haters.
    Porting the Infinity Engine to the iPad was one of the best improvements they've did, if not the best, if you think you are so SMRT, go and try to create an ITEM (it will be enough for me as a prove that you are intelligent enough to distinguish red from blue, or to simply understand that the work they did here was amazingly large and PAINFUL, making a game work on iPad is a PAIN, and fixing thing is the Infinity Engine is also a very big PAIN, if you tell me you are an employee form Bioware that curses because of what they did, WHAT A PITY, Bioware was uncaring about BG, but the devs here were NOT and they did an amazing job, maybe buggy and that, maybe you don't like the NPCs, BUT SHOW SOME RESPECT!!!) by yourself, instead of posting SPAM here.

    Delvarian
Sign In or Register to comment.