Skip to content

BG1 Walkthrough

BoradordinBoradordin Member Posts: 38
For many years the much beloved Dudleyville.Com has been out there for us fans of Baldur's Gate. The site has stood the test of time. Wanting to pay homage to it I've spent the last four days working on an update for it. Yes, my creation may have spoilers and 'tis not complete, but it satisfies my need to contribute to the community-at-large. Hopefully it will do the same for others.

If you visit my fan site, SpidersRPGWorld.Com follow the Games > Baldur's Gate I > Walkthrough menu at the top. Or click here. Hopefully, after a short time delay, a PDF will open up for you. Just about everything in the file is a link to somewhere else in the file with the inside front cover has an explanation. The file can be saved to your computer if you want to use it. It is offered AS IS with one caveat. If you like it, share it.

Any suggestions, encouragement or assistance is welcomed.

Cordially,
'Ol Bearded Menace

Comments

• RAM021RAM021 Member Posts: 403
    Looks good. Definitely off to a great start!
  • BoradordinBoradordin Member Posts: 38
    Thank you kindly Ram
  • kkramonekkramone Member Posts: 54
    Boradordin my friend, you made a great job for BG fans. The pdf file is owesome, especially the links. I think it'll be wonderful when it'll be completed.

Years ago, I found walkthroughs for BG & TotSC and BG2: SoA & ToB (attached files below). Both walkthroughs were written by Dan Simpson. They are text files and old fashioned.

Maybe they help you to complete it, maybe you've already knew them (I don't know) or help anyone who needs them.

Thanks
  • BoradordinBoradordin Member Posts: 38
    Thanks KKramone,

I had probably run across them this time around. I get hot-n-heavy on the game and then the Real World intrudes and it is a year or so 'til I get back to dusting everything off, my mind included. Not seeing the files for what they were, I didn't save 'em. Thanks for the files and I save them.

I'll have to make sure to pass along my thanks to Dan in the front material. I can see I'll have to use his material for back filler and in-writing comments on my part.

Just now I'm wanting to go back to a non-EE game and so I'm installing all of the IE games. This time though I'm documenting the procedure. I'm having a bit of difficulty deciding how to wend my way through all the various mods as I want to keep it simple, KISS applies. I want to keep it to non-adventuring mods for the time being. The wide-screen mod is paramount. I also want to include any in-game fixes that apply. 'Tis hard to decide with there being no clear-cut checklist.

Cordially,
    'Ol Bearded Menace