Skip to content

Spells in quickcast

Hi guys - complete noobalaleeno here - but sometimes I have heal in my quickcast (?) spell options and sometimes it's not there - is there a regen time and if so how can I see it?
Also, how can I add new spells to the quickcast bit?
Sorry if I am not being clear - loving the game so far but seems to have quite a steep learning curve (a breath of fresh air though!!)
thanks in advance :)

Comments

• zur312zur312 Member Posts: 1,366
    you can't add
    you need to rest to refresh spells
  • TypathiaTypathia Member Posts: 2
    Ah ok! So simple - doh! Thank you
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    edited July 2013
    Typathia said:

Ah ok! So simple - doh! Thank you

Welcome... I was a total noob about a week or 10 days ago, but now feel reasonably at home (still learning all the time though). This game really is awesome, but doesn't have the most intuitive mechanics and can be rather daunting for anyone with no experience of AD&D.

Oh, and using a caster for your first run really doesn't make your introduction any easier. Once your mage reaches lv 4 or 5, he/she will become useful, further into the game and into BG 2, mages become your most powerful characters... but early on, they are near useless. My fighter/mage is basically fighting as a fragile fighter for all of BG 1.
  • ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    Mages are the most powerful class at all levels, it's just a matter knowing how to use them to full effectiveness (and without rest or cheese abuse, no less), which takes real experience.