Skip to content

steam summer sale wish list

ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
The summer sale is around, and I need some games for when my gaming desktop comes in (this is a laptop for gaming, but it has laptop problems such as overheating) what are some games you are personally looking to get in the sale? i was wondering so that i can find some games that i would buy. i already got dark souls because i have been waiting for that as well as catching up on skyrim dlc and a few other games. i do, however, want to get more deals out of this sale. you could also just recommend me some games you already have that i could find on steam.

Comments

• ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Gonna rebuy Fable: The Lost Chapters at some point.
    Also, has anyone here played any of the Avernum games, and if so, are they any good?
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    @ajwz i have thought of fable: the lost chapters. i hear that it is the most like an rpg you can get from fable. how much content could i get out of that if i take my time through it and how are the rpg elements? also, does it have ANY kind of difficulty unlike fable 3 where you could not die a single time?
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Well it's definitely an rpg, and the difficulty is largely dependent on how you spec your character. Spell casting characters tend to have an easier time than melee characters. I wouldn't say it every becomes truly difficult though.
    Don't judge it by fable 3's standards, fable 3 was really slow and poor quality in comparison, and was just a terrible console port.
  • Night_WatchNight_Watch Member Posts: 514
    hurrah! i can finally play something other than tf2 on steam =P thanks for the summer special heads up! just picked up polynomial. i was a big fan of symphony and audiosurf so this one seemed right up my alley.

i've been looking around for a good tactical rpg/jrpg on the pc. something along the lines of final fantasy tactics. anyone know any good ones?
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    I really don't know if I want to be spending money on any game this money, unless it's a really expensive game becoming really cheap. I really am in doubt.
  • KaltzorKaltzor Member Posts: 1,050
    Fable 1 did have some difficulty as you could actually die and not just jump back up from the dead and only get a scar... Though you could carry around up to 9 potions that automatically revive you... I think the only time you might risk getting a game over in it is the games Arena part...

But on topic, Personally I'm hoping that they put a sale on the new Civ 5 expansion.
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    I really need to get System Shock 2.
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
    I picked up Antichamber and Surgeon Simulator 2013. Both very worth getting.
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    I got Hotline Miami. Not the kind of game I usually play, from what I've heard it has been pretty much universally well received, and for $2.50 it seemed like I really couldn't go wrong.
  • ImperatorImperator Member Posts: 154
    Hotline Miami was a definite surprise, took me back a decade or so. Still trying to get used to the controls, but awesome music and some ultra-2D-violence makes it great.
    For OP looking for rpgs, I guess Witcher? It's on sale right now, about 3 dollars IIRC.
    On my wishlist there are Bastion, Endless Space and Spore.
  • Wikkid_SuhnWikkid_Suhn Member Posts: 136
    I bought Eschalon: Book 1 for 1.50 and Counter Strike: Complete for 7.50. I used to play the original CS all the time with my friends, and since they're throwing in Condition Zero+Deleted Scenes+GO, I went for it. I heard Eschalon was good, so I'm gonna give it a try.

If Shadowrun Returns drops below 17.99, it's mine.
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    Dammit, I already bought Brave New World for 20 bucks and FTL for 2.50 ;_;

I AM TOO WEAK! BAN ME PLEASE!!!
  • ImperatorImperator Member Posts: 154
    And I can scratch Bastion off of my list, and add anno 2070 to it.
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    edited July 2013
    I got all the Skyrim DLCs.
    ajwz said:

Gonna rebuy Fable: The Lost Chapters at some point.
    Also, has anyone here played any of the Avernum games, and if so, are they any good?

I still have my original copy of Fable: The Lost Chapters. It's the only Fable worth playing in my opinion.

I've never played the Avernum games, but you can get Avernum 1-6 for $12 on GOG. I'm thinking about getting it at some point.
  • RazorRazor Member Posts: 436
    Baldurs Gate is a daily deal today. It did bring me some sadness, the Atari undead creature roams free while the real one is blocked by silly matters.
    Really looking forward to the next patch.