Skip to content

Using all the NPCs

I'm on a project to use all the NPCs to complete BGEE, but I have some left over that I need to coordinate into teams. Here's who's left

Eldoth
Skie
Alora
Montaron
Xzar
Tiax
Isra [mod] (cavalier)

I've only completed the game 3 times, but the rest of the NPCs are in teams that I've gotten about half way with and will eventually finish with.

So what I need to know is how do I put the rest into teams and what PCs should I roll. I already have these PCs live at moment and I don't want anything too similar, but playing SCS I also need a properly balanced group (I'm also using the convenient locations component so keep that in mind.

Priest of Lathander
Avenger
Wizard Slayer
Mage/Thief
Kensai
Fighter/Thief

Your challenge then, make 2 groups with the unused NPCs and suggest a PC for both (that ideally isn't too similar to anything I've already played). You can also use NPCs I've already used (to fill out the groups) and for NPCs like Alora, who should be used till I find her?

Comments

• the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    "that ideally isn't too similar to anything I've already played"
    How do we know what is similar to what you have played unless you tell us?

I suppose you could play a stealth game using Montaron/Xzar, Tiax and Eldoth. Convert Xzar into a cleric and that should work. Not sure how 'Balanced' it would be as you have no fighter, but you do have an extra slot for say Kagain or someone. If you don't mind the alignment issue, throw in Isra as well. Then make your PC your Fighter/Thief (if you want to use something you have already) or maybe just Stalker? Might work out. Then you'd only have to worry about Skie and Alora.
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    Xzar and Montaron belong together, and so do Eldoth and Skie. I'd prefer to have Isra in a team without evil participants but that's hard to do...

So:

Party 1:

Xzar
    Montaron
    Eldoth
    Skie

With these four the team is low on fighting power and has no healing so top off with:

Kagain or Shar-Teel
    PC: Priest of Talos

Party 2:

Isra
    Alora
    Tiax

With these three the team is low on fighting and healing and has no arcane caster but there are plenty of possibilities:

PC: Ranger
    Xan / Imoen dualed to Mage / Safana dualed to Mage
    Quayle (if only for his banters with Tiax)

or:

PC: Cleric/Mage or Cleric/Illusionist
    Minsc
    Dynaheir

Another possibility is to have all the evil characters in one party:

Party 1:

Xzar
    Montaron
    Eldoth
    Skie
    Tiax
    PC: Fighter

and

Party 2:

Isra
    Alora

(you fill it up from there!)
  • mjsmjs Member Posts: 742

"that ideally isn't too similar to anything I've already played"
    How do we know what is similar to what you have played unless you tell us?

I suppose you could play a stealth game using Montaron/Xzar, Tiax and Eldoth. Convert Xzar into a cleric and that should work. Not sure how 'Balanced' it would be as you have no fighter, but you do have an extra slot for say Kagain or someone. If you don't mind the alignment issue, throw in Isra as well. Then make your PC your Fighter/Thief (if you want to use something you have already) or maybe just Stalker? Might work out. Then you'd only have to worry about Skie and Alora.

I meant similar to the pc s I've already played. So I don't really want to do a fighter/thief again, but a stalker could be interesting. only problem is eldoth and skie need to stay together