Skip to content

Lord Binky the Buffoon

elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
edited July 2013 in Original BG1 Bugs
Current Behaviour: When your party goes by Binky if your leader is under stealth Binky won't approach anyone in your party. Even if others are not stealthed/invisible. This doesn't seem to be the case with other encounters.

Expected Behaviour: Binky should talk to whomever he can first talk to (and see).

In my case my shadowdancer charname is the leader of my party and my party was able to avoid talking to Binky because she was stealthed (though she is losing that stealth in this photo).

Edit: It may be a bug that existed originally in BG1. I'm not certain.
Post edited by elminster on

Comments

• LateralusLateralus Member Posts: 903
    edited July 2013
    Yup, he walks around everybody else to get to the protagonist, it doesn't even matter if you're 4th in the marching order.

He mocks you and then leads you into the tent where the which babe is about to be murdered by yet another spell casting zealot. I believe him to be a polymorhped critter that was created to subtly bring her help and explain HOW to help her simultaneously.

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited July 2013
    Lateralus said:

Yup, he walks around everybody else to get to the protagonist, it doesn't even matter if you're 4th in the marching order.

He mocks you and then leads you into the tent where the which babe is about to be murdered by yet another spell casting zealot. I believe him to be a polymorhped critter that was created to subtly bring her help and explain HOW to help her simultaneously.

Yea but you can talk to him with any party member. Idk its just weird. Its not like charname is needed during the conversation.
    Unless someone can show me otherwise I'm just going to presume that this is indeed something that originated in BG1.
  • oldsailor1oldsailor1 Member Posts: 2
    It was in the first game yes it was indeed .
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    I think dodging that guy is great, because binky is just a wad, at least noober gives you xp :3
  • MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    This guy really annoys me far more than Noober ever did, Noober can't help himself whereas this guy does it on purpose.

This guy really annoys me far more than Noober ever did, Noober can't help himself whereas this guy does it on purpose.

:D Yep

They should still fix it though.
  • BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    Reported: #6189
    Balquo said:

Reported: #6189

Yea sorry I had forgotten about this. I posted it before I became a beta tester :)
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643

I CTRL+Y him every time just to hear him scream.
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    This is the best bug ever. I hate this guy.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155

This is the best bug ever. I hate this guy.

Totally agreed!!