Skip to content

A General Question

Hey everyone, i just have a bit of a curious question i'd like to have answered, I've seen alot of discussion about what Magics are go for which levels for mage, and this tends to be followed by a list of 1 spell per casting level... The thing is, to my knowledge there is only magics from casting levels 1-5 in BG1 which is to my knowledge the same in BG EE.

So Question is, can we actually go from 6-9 also? Or is everyone simply stating for when BG2EE comes out?
and if so where do i find the scrolls for flesh to stone and stone to flesh?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• TsyrithTsyrith Member Posts: 180
    edited July 2013
    My various life-like demon statues dotting my planar sphere in BG2 hate those two spells. They are actually in the data files too, as EE is a BG2 engine adaptation for BG1, so the information for the scrolls.itm and the spells themselves (SPWI604 and SPWI625) are still th-wait, I just checked, and as far as I can see the scrolls aren't there, the spells are, though. I'll try them in-game...

They both work together as advertised, but as far as things like basilisks or the adventuring statues go, no idea. Obviously you would need an uncapper to reach such heights.

So yes, officially 6-9 is for when BG2EE comes out.

As far as getting the spells in the game, it is likely that you would use glEEkeeper to add it to your character's spell-list. That's how I did it.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    All spells are in the game files, except high level abilities introduced by ToB. There are no scrolls for lvl 6 and above spells, though. So a mage can never learn them. I copied some scrolls from my bg2 game and sprinkled them to my bg:ee world in various places. So a mage can use them for one casting or a wild mage can try to cast them via nrd once they scribe it.

A sorcerer can learn lvl 6+ spells if you remove the xp cap, then again you will need hıge amounts of xp which can be gained only by cheating or soloing and repeatedly export-importing the same character for multiple play-throughs.