Skip to content

Grand Mastery w/o Patch Worth It?

I am playing a K->T. Wondering if I should 5 pips in primary weapon or 2 pips in multiple weapons?

Comments

• TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    I would go with 5 pips. Also, why would the patch make a difference?
  • shylamanshylaman Member Posts: 173
    sorry, mod/tweak that restores true grandmastery. I can't remember what the differences are between 2 and 5 pips.
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    Oh, I thought you were playing EE. If whatever version of the game you're playing has the same proficiency table as vanilla BG2 then I would probably go 2 pips in several weapons.
  • ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    The tweak isn't for "true" grandmastery, it's for BG1's bugged GM table (the table was mostly correct but gave 1 1/2 attacks at 5 pips instead of the 1 total it was supposed to (the table is NOT cumulative, you get exactly what a given level of proficiency says you have (the same applies to all tables in 2nd edition DnD)). EE uses the actual corrected proficiency table, which is identical to BG1 except gives the proper 1 total attack.

The BG2 version isn't worth using (heavily nerfed instead of just correcting the F up in the table), and tthe vanilla BG1 version (which was unobtainable without cheating/modding) was wrong, due to being more powerful then it was supposed to be.