Skip to content

Need help with some things

Hi everyone, new player here.

So I have messed about with baldurs gate EE up to the point where I am at the carnival place near the mines. Now here are my questions my character is chaotic evil travelling with some goody goodies but I want to RP this the best way I can, should I start again and not travel ever with the good people or discard then now and continue on? 2nd question all my characters are still level 1 should I be a higher level by now?

Comments

• zur312zur312 Member Posts: 1,366
    you could do some sidequests for more levels

you can add evil party members and kill everyone but if you are only playing minor evil and watching for reputation drops you should be fine even with good alignmnent party
  • ambrennanambrennan Member Posts: 173
    Now here are my questions my character is chaotic evil travelling with some goody goodies but I want to RP this the best way I can
    That is going to be difficult. However, I can see nothing wrong with chaotic evil people using good-aligned henchmen for their goals (who may voice their disagreement and leave if you become too evil)

As for XP, there's a good bit of XP and loot to be had just exploring (you generally get better rewards good actions) - if a fight is too hard you should explore some more and come back later
  • NeroNero Member Posts: 16
    You'll want decent AC and HP before the mines, I always try to level up a couple times beforehand. You'll want a balanced party (tank/thief/healer). Just stick to areas by the main road for relatively easier encounters.

I'd recommend a good party for the first playthrough, it's just more rewarding in terms of loot/XP. But on the flipside there's some really great evil NPC's that are fun to have.
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    Yeah I'd reiterate what Nero said about Good parties. Some of the Evil NPCs are stronger than their good counterparts, but if you are a beginner and playing blind (which is good cos that's how you'll make the most of a great game), you might not find them anyway, or find them early. Unfortunately, BG is one of those games that strongly pushes you to choose the good/noble path, which almost always yields the greatest reward. Also almost every shop charges prices based on your reputation, so Good parties will find their shopping costs much lower than an evil, and you can't really make up the difference with constant burglary or theft.

THAT said, you CAN complete the game with a Chaotic Evil RP game, as long as you don't literally try to slaughter your way across the Sword Coast and commit atrocity sparingly. :P
  • blackchimesblackchimes Member Posts: 323
    Playing a Bad Guy in BG is problematic since all the best rewards are given for being a goody two-shoes, and the storyline itself pushes you towards being a hero in both games.

On the plus side, good-natured companions almost universally suck. Evil party members are much better.
  • zur312zur312 Member Posts: 1,366
    in bg1 evil party is a little better best tank best dps best mage
    good are great archers thief/mage dual

in bg2 there are few not evil party members who are pretty good and i think can be comparable with evil or even better because in bg2 mages are much better even korgan can be replaced

for example evil party of edwin viconia korgan joshimo
    vs
    good party imoen anomen keldorn jan