Skip to content

[Release] Difficulty and Tweak mod ver 7

Comments

• shadow85shadow85 Member Posts: 128
    Ok thanks i will try this. Also if there is 6 difficulty levels to chose from, is 6 possible to beat or is it intentionally msde to be unbeatable? Koz i will be using scs with this to.
  • BorsookBorsook Member Posts: 152
    shadow85 said:

Ok thanks i will try this. Also if there is 6 difficulty levels to chose from, is 6 possible to beat or is it intentionally msde to be unbeatable? Koz i will be using scs with this to.

There aren't really 6 levels, as you change enemies HP and other stats separately. Anyway - the idea is that you should change those options as you play and your character becomes more powerful, remember you can change them at any point, just by running the mods setup and choosing a different option. Max options should be doable near the end, but you choose them for a lvl1 character you will never see Friendly Arms inn :)
  • shadow85shadow85 Member Posts: 128
    Borsook said:

shadow85 said:

There aren't really 6 levels, as you change enemies HP and other stats separately. Anyway - the idea is that you should change those options as you play and your character becomes more powerful, remember you can change them at any point, just by running the mods setup and choosing a different option. Max options should be doable near the end, but you choose them for a lvl1 character you will never see Friendly Arms inn :)
    Oh rite ok, I thought it was a difficulty you can play through the entire game with for no need of changing it. Im not sure if I like the idea of manually changing it throughout the game.
    shadow85 said:

Borsook said:

shadow85 said:

Oh rite ok, I thought it was a difficulty you can play through the entire game with for no need of changing it. Im not sure if I like the idea of manually changing it throughout the game.
    Nobody is forcing you to, you can play it as you like. HP is done via percentage, so it should work fine throughout the whole game. The rest (and this is separate and optional) can't be done in this way feasibly, so e.g. -5 to enemy's AC might be fine throughout the whole game but not at the beginning. That said you do not have to choose such an extreme option.
  • TisamonTisamon Member Posts: 209
    @Borsook Is there a chance you will update this mod for BG2EE? Or, alternatively, explain to me the methodology of doing so :)
    Tisamon said:

@Borsook Is there a chance you will update this mod for BG2EE? Or, alternatively, explain to me the methodology of doing so :)

I don't have BG2EE yet (I'm a bit disappointed with overhaul so I'm waiting for a sale), so I can't test it. That said the mod will work on it without a doubt, it was made to work on all IE games (so, BG1 and 2 IWD1 and 2, Planscape). The only potential issue is finding dialog.tlk, in BG1EE it was moved to a different place. If it in located in the same folder as in BG1EE, the installer will work just fine. If not, you can tell me in what folder it is and/or move it manually. :)
  • So_LoWSo_LoW Member Posts: 62
    for both it's same location - lang/[en_us] or other/dialog.tlk
  • SarnindSarnind Member Posts: 256
    this tool is awesome
    So_LoW said:

for both it's same location - lang/[en_us] or other/dialog.tlk

If the location is the same - just install it like you would on BGEE1. To be honest when I sat down to make this mod compatible with BGEE, then only issue I ran into was installation. All work I put in this version was cleaning up the code and squashing bugs of my own doing :) When it comes to the code underneath (so Infinity Engine) no changes have been made in EE series that affected what this mod does :)
    BTW in December I will be doing a new playthrough the BGEE series, so will probably update the mod to a new version, adding some features requested before :)
    Thank you for a quick response, Mikolaj. Currently, it installs just fine on BGEE, but doesn't want to install on BG2EE, there is some kind of issue with data/ee.bif. This file is not in the BGEE data folder, only BG2EE has it there.
    ERROR: BIFF [.DATA/EE.BIF] cannot be loaded: Invalid_argument ("String.create")
    edited November 2013
    Tisamon said:

Thank you for a quick response, Mikolaj. Currently, it installs just fine on BGEE, but doesn't want to install on BG2EE, there is some kind of issue with data/ee.bif. This file is not in the BGEE data folder, only BG2EE has it there.
    ERROR: BIFF [.DATA/EE.BIF] cannot be loaded: Invalid_argument ("String.create")

Thanks! now we are getting somewhere! Put the following file in where you unpacked the mod (it should overwrite the current file) and please let me know if this changes anything:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qlrs30hndl9vzl3/setup-DiffTweak.exe

If not, I will need you to mail me your log file :)
    edited November 2013
    @Borsook
    Kind thanks, sir! Now it works perfectly :)
    Tisamon said:

@Borsook
    Kind thanks, sir! Now it works perfectly :)

Great! I'll update the main release of the mod then :)
    Yes, I think it's worth updating, since you've just added BG2EE support to your mod without having BG2EE ;)
    Tisamon said:

Yes, I think it's worth updating, since you've just added BG2EE support to your mod without having BG2EE ;)

Well, the error was solved by weidu update, so it was rather easy :)

Anyway - the link in the first post should now point to BG2EE compatible version :)
  • MilochMiloch Member Posts: 863
    Avast is blocking the .exe download, though it is probably a false positive. Can you repackage it as .zip or the like and re-upload?

So is this an update to Mix-Mod?
    Miloch said:

Avast is blocking the .exe download, though it is probably a false positive. Can you repackage it as .zip or the like and re-upload?

So is this an update to Mix-Mod?

Yeah, for some reason Avast doesn't like self-extracting rar files with some options... anyway added a link to a zip in the first post :)

And yes, it is an update to Mix-Mod, I removed some components, so decided to change the name to reflect better what the mod does. :) Other changes include mostly code cleanup and fixing some nasty IWD2 bugs that nobody reported (probably as IWD2 is not that popular, sadly).
  • SarnindSarnind Member Posts: 256
    this is 6.0 version not 7
    Sarnind said:

this is 6.0 version not 7

Oh you of little faith! :) It is version 7. In some places it may say 6 because:

1. The only difference between 6 and 7 is BG2EE compatibility, nothing else has changed.
    2. It was put together hastily, and because I am working on 8 (should be out this weekend) I did not think it worth changing version number everywhere properly.

Still it's bigger than v6 :)
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,271
    edited January 2014
    Trying to install version 7 on BG:EE:

ERROR: cannot convert BGEE.exe or %BGEE.exe% to an integer
    ERROR: Not_found
    True Grand Mastery -> True Grand Mastery (with the Extra Attack) (Difficulty and Tweak mod) was not installed due to errors.
    ALIEN said:

Trying to install version 7 on BG:EE:

ERROR: cannot convert BGEE.exe or %BGEE.exe% to an integer
    ERROR: Not_found
    True Grand Mastery -> True Grand Mastery (with the Extra Attack) (Difficulty and Tweak mod) was not installed due to errors.

for the time being install without this component. I have the code for v8 ready, just waiting for some testing (which I hope to do soon), I will include a fix for this too.
  • solar_onesolar_one Member Posts: 12
    I'm about to do a major BWP install...and crying because this file is the last I need and the link says the files are not found! Help! Thanks for the mod :)
  • wolpakwolpak Member Posts: 390
    edited February 2014
    @solar_one‌ If you download the file attached to the original post and change the extension from .txt to .exe you will have it.
  • solar_onesolar_one Member Posts: 12
    wolpak said:

@solar_one‌ If you download the file attached to the original post and change the extension from .txt to .exe you will have it.

Thanks! Note to that you have to be logged in to nab this attached file (at least with my IE 10 I needed to be).
    @Borsook: any chances for v8 soon?
    because the links in the first post are dead, if anyone wants to get it in the mean time do try this:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q72jpl1q2fj53lv/Diff_Tweak.zip?dl=0
    @Borsook: You archive contains one extra unnecessary folder that is a pain in the ass for BWS. Please repack and reupload it without it. Also, any chances for v8 soon?
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    @Borsook I'm having problems installing the mod. I have the game installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\BeamDog\Games\00766\ where I also unpacked the mod. When I try to install the component for incresed HPs it gives the following error message:

Installing [Increased Enemies'HP -> Add 25% to Enemies'HP]

Copying over a dummy file to make it easier for other mods to see if this component is installed.
    Copying 1 file ...

No IE game has been detected. Please contact the author.
  • carldvl666carldvl666 Member Posts: 9
    Wilbur said:

@Borsook I'm having problems installing the mod. I have the game installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\BeamDog\Games\00766\ where I also unpacked the mod. When I try to install the component for incresed HPs it gives the following error message:

Installing [Increased Enemies'HP -> Add 25% to Enemies'HP]

Copying over a dummy file to make it easier for other mods to see if this component is installed.
    Copying 1 file ...

No IE game has been detected. Please contact the author.

@Wilbur‌ I was having the same problem, I've used this mod before, one time I was going to use it in a megamod installation so the new enemies would be very hard to kill but no, didn't install. So I did some reading on the tp2 file and saw that the exe file the installer searches for is BGEE.exe so I renamed the file and done, it installed correctly.

I'm going to leave the weidu log so you can see my solution worked around.