Skip to content

A few request/Ideas

Zymran86Zymran86 Member Posts: 137
Since zooming will be avaible ive read several suggestions on updating the sprites/characters/Animition id like to suggest that you add Eyes nose mouth etc, this would be great if its possible.
The Baldurs Gate 2 Animitions are quite good so maybe update them abit if you still have the original art.

I read on Beamdog forum that someone suggested an option to hide the helmet the character is wearing, if youre updating the animitions abit this would be a great thing to add aswell.

More Helmet options would be great aswell, alot of helmets in baldur's gate 1 didnt make it into baldurs gate 2, which is quite sad since many of them where quite good, i really liked the flaming fist helmet, the Watchers in Candlekeep helmet and the horned one which didnt make it to BG 2.
HeroicSpur

Comments

• HeroicSpurHeroicSpur Member Posts: 907
    Unfortunately I think the original files have been lost, so the extra details can't be added in. The other thing to mention is that the zoom function allows zooming on several levels, presumably, v.far, normal, and close. I don't think it will let us zoom in particularly close, at least not enough to make eyes/nose/mouth etc noticeable.

The helmet point is an excellent one and I agree with you fully, you might consider making that seperate post.
  • Zymran86Zymran86 Member Posts: 137
    Ill do that, thanks for the reply Heroicspur.
    sad to hear that the character animitions was lost.

Also check out my other thread :portraits xD
    There has been some talk about animations, I'm not sure what the status of those is. I think Trent mentioned that he was considering contacting the maker of the IninfityAnimations mod to implement some of that stuff into the game. Apparently those animations are excellent.
    hmm, are they diffrent from the original models, and will they be able to modify them if they include them?
    Here's the link if you want to know more about this:
    http://www.spellholdstudios.net/ie/infinityanimations

Tbh I don't know too much. AndreaColumbo is the resident expert on this area.
    Thanks alot for the Link, ill try to message him.