Skip to content

Will 20 const. always give you regeneration?

Or was this just a special ability that Kaigan had?

In other words, if I have a barbarian with 19 const, and I give her the tome to increase it to 20, will she be able to regenerate thereafter?

Comments

• JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Yes.
    SharGuidesMyHand
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579
    Jalily said:

Yes.

Thanks!
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Its not a fast ability at 20 constitution but it will work when you are traveling between areas or resting.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    or give kagain the tome of constitution and have it get bumped up to 21, regeneration will be a little bit faster and he will get ANOTHER hp per level, ah kagain and his gobs of HP, just truly awesome :)
  • LateralusLateralus Member Posts: 903

Or was this just a special ability that Kaigan had?

In other words, if I have a barbarian with 19 const, and I give her the tome to increase it to 20, will she be able to regenerate thereafter?

My bard had a 20con whilst weding his mighty buckler. He travels well, and awakens refreshithed
    elminster
  • ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    A 19 starting con barb, that uses the tome and buckler will have 25 con under their rage and regenerate fairly fast...not much mind...only about 5 or so HP for the rage duration. And a good sized chunk of extra HP per level for the duration.

A 19 starting con barb, that uses the tome and buckler will have 25 con under their rage and regenerate fairly fast...not much mind...only about 5 or so HP for the rage duration. And a good sized chunk of extra HP per level for the duration.

Only difference between 24 and 25 constitution is a slight bit more HP regeneration. I wouldn't even bother with the buckler.
    SpaceInvader
  • ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    The main difference is that you won't regen at all at 24 (the rage isn't long enough to regen a single point..or maybe just 1 point right at the end)...hence why I mentioned it.
    I think on how regeneration works is that at 25 con its 1hp/round, 24 con its 1hp/2 rounds, 23 con its 1 hp/3 rounds, all the way down to 20 con 1 hp/ 6 rounds, so if barbarian rage lasts for 5 rounds, and you have 25 con, you will get 5 hp back, plus if your barbarian gets draw upon holy might, that's 25 str/con for 5 rounds, sniiiiiiice :)
    edited July 2013
    sarevok57 said:

I think on how regeneration works is that at 25 con its 1hp/round, 24 con its 1hp/2 rounds, 23 con its 1 hp/3 rounds, all the way down to 20 con 1 hp/ 6 rounds, so if barbarian rage lasts for 5 rounds, and you have 25 con, you will get 5 hp back, plus if your barbarian gets draw upon holy might, that's 25 str/con for 5 rounds, sniiiiiiice :)

Under HPCONBON.2DA (under "regeneration rate") it says "10" for 25 CON and 20 CON is "60". I'm assuming that means that you regenerate 1 hp per ever 10 seconds (1/6th of a turn) for 25 CON and 1 hp per minute/turn for 20 CON. So in five rounds at 25 constitution you would get back 3hp (since 5 rounds is 30 seconds).
    that could make sense, since im running at frame rate 60 it almost seems like it regenerated 1 hp in one round for 25 con, ( 5 seconds by the look of it) when it is actually 10 seconds at framerate 30, I thought they were round based, but I guess not