Skip to content

Dual Class Question

I have a human swashbuckler who has dual-classed into fighter. During my time as a swashbuckler I have acquired 1 slot in Scimitar/Wakizashi/Ninjato. If I put some of my fighter slots into SWN will I lose the slots I gained from swashbuckler when I regain my lost class? I am aware that the original slot I gained is temporarily unavailable but will normally be gained back when I regain my class. However, I want to know if slots gained from both classes stack (so if I gained 1 slot in swashbuckler and 1 slot in fighter I'll have 2 slots when I regain my swashbuckler levels).

Comments

• ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    edited July 2013
    Pips in weapon proficiencies are not cumulative, so if you had one pip as swashbuckler and add one as fighter, you will have one pip when the dual class completes. If you had two and then add one, you will have two when the dual class completes. New proficiencies that you put pips into with the new class will remain.

So yes, if you put pips into a proficiency you already had with the old class, some of them will be redundant.
  • mjsmjs Member Posts: 742
    you would have been best off placing two pips in 2 weapons fighting as a swashbuckler and then 4 into swn at dual class. then when the swashbuckler levels returned you'd have 2 in 2wf and 4 in swn.

so long as your pips are in separate weapons they'll carry over
  • AHFAHF Member Posts: 1,376
    The qualifier to Shin's post is that if you wait to level up until you regain your class abilities, then you can put the points into your pips in a cumulative fashion.

For example, if you are a swashbuckler with 1 point in scimitar and you dual at level 5, then you can reach level 2 in fighter and stop levelling up until you hit the experience to arrive at level 6. You can then level up and put two pips in scimitar (3rd level and 6th level) and then you will have a total of 3 pips in scimitar.

Like mjs says, you can also just put the pips in different weapons and you won't lose anything as well.
  • Dragonfolk2000Dragonfolk2000 Member Posts: 377
    Alright, thanks for the info.